Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two deals to be done in every paid transfer though, aren't there?

I've no doubt Lukaku is happy with whatever Chelsea have told him he can have.

But that means nothing until we hear a transfer fee acceptable to us.

Of course you are correct but , for me there are a number of factors ( by no means conclusive !) pointing to this deal being done;
1. the lack of noise coming from Lukaku and / or his agent
2. the indication that Costa may be going back to Atletico and is content not to play for 6 months
3. the lack of rumours linking Chelsea with another striker
4. the amount of money that we have spent to date.

I suspect that if this deal was not advanced and / or done that Conte would be making public statements to put more pressure on the Chelsea hierarchy .

..folk on here were suggesting the club would have to move Lukaku on before any spend begun, that clearly isn't the case. I'm not sure of the funding stream but I recall Moshiri encouraging the club to spend. I think this is the first window that RK/SW have had to truly line their signings up and the owner is supporting them.
I have a feeling that this funding is independent of the Lukaku fee and I would hope that at least half of that is spent on a top centre-forward. Even if we bring in Giroud and another to play alongside Sandro, a couple of injuries and we are in bother.

We need at least 4 forwards to effectively compete on all fronts this year.

I have a feeling that this funding is independent of the Lukaku fee and I would hope that at least half of that is spent on a top centre-forward. Even if we bring in Giroud and another to play alongside Sandro, a couple of injuries and we are in bother.

We need at least 4 forwards to effectively compete on all fronts this year.

I think you might be right.

If /when Lukaku is sold I would like to see us bring in an experienced forward - Giroud or Bacca perhaps and a younger talent - Dembele or Dolberg.

That for me would be achievable for £40-50 m and tick a lot of boxes.

Best and worse thing about all these departures and signings is the fact I need to redo a lot of my logins and passwords..............DOH !

Reactions: gez
This makes no sense. Why pay £20m for Giroud when Iheanacho is available for £25m? Giroud does not fit into Koeman's pressing style.

Iheanacho has had about 4 good games coming of the bench. Giroud is a proven consistent scorer in this league

Agree with you there sagey I can't imagine how it could be loooed at to make no sense to pay less for giroud personally. I get the age factor but with iheanacho you'd absolutely be taking a risk with Giroud you know what you're getting .

Of course you are correct but , for me there are a number of factors ( by no means conclusive !) pointing to this deal being done;
1. the lack of noise coming from Lukaku and / or his agent
2. the indication that Costa may be going back to Atletico and is content not to play for 6 months
3. the lack of rumours linking Chelsea with another striker
4. the amount of money that we have spent to date.

I suspect that if this deal was not advanced and / or done that Conte would be making public statements to put more pressure on the Chelsea hierarchy .
Crazy to think that Chelsea will spend the costa money they won't get until January once the ban is over and athletico are then spending the greizman money on him despite not getting that until next summer.

In a nutshell like, I know athletico aren't skint but costa will be more than they got for him

Koeman likes to play with a target man, aka Pelle. Giroud would have the same role in some games, except much better.

I personally think Lukaku will flop at Chelsea, he's too lazy to flourish in their style. If he uses his head instead of his heart, he'd be better off at Utd imo.

Side note, until this summer window, I admit I've seen very little of either player, but from YouTube videos, I am failing to see the hype about Lacazette. Is he actually that good? He didn't seem too different, quality-wise to Sandro really. Or did we just get THAT good a deal?

This makes no sense. Why pay £20m for Giroud when Iheanacho is available for £25m? Giroud does not fit into Koeman's pressing style.

Because gea massively more proven, more experienced and st this point a much better player.

He also has a weird rep for being lazy which if you look at heat maps if the player and his distance covered per 90 is completely false as well

He fits the role perfectly. Pelle wasnt bombing around either. He is a focal point and the rest do the pressing around him. Personally think he would be a cracking signing.

I like the look of Iheanacho but realistically he has proven nothing yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back