Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Shaw for left back cover and baines long term replacement? Played under koeman, wouldn't be all that expensive after mourinho has demolished his confidence and he's a capable player. A lot depends on what koeman sees with Pennington, browning ET al though.

If we sell rom no reason we can't bring in 2 of hernendez, iheanacho and Giroud. We'd have some seriously good options up top and money for elsewhere if we did that. We've made some quality additions so far. Exciting times. Coyb.

I wonder how this team will gel with potentially 8 new players in the starting lineup by the time we complete this window.

I reckon this will be a transition year with every new player needing quarter/half a season to drill in koeman's tactic.

Fun season ahead nonetheless

I wonder how this team will gel with potentially 8 new players in the starting lineup by the time we complete this window.

I reckon this will be a transition year with every new player needing quarter/half a season to drill in koeman's tactic.

Agreed it is a concern, but koeman has made it painfully obvious to most in the squad that the hardest worker most in form will play. Added quality to the squad will push everyone to their best

Good point mate and one that I'd considered too. However when you consider the mess koeman inherited when he first went to Southampton, when virtually half their team and all their best players had been sold. The club then recruited (Mane, Pelle, Forster, Bertrand, Alderweireld, Tadic) yet he quickly gelled them together. Let's hope he is as successful here.

It's a very fair question. Imagine that is why there has been such a push to get as much as possible done early.

One would hope that the term 'Professional Footballer' would have some effect here!

Once the new kids sign today

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- Williams/Jagielka -- Baines/Galloway
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/Barry -- Gana/McCarthy
Barkley/Mirallas -- Lukaku/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman
Some big improvements there already...

Once the new kids sign today

Pickford/Robles
Coleman/Kenny -- Keane/Holgate -- Williams/Jagielka -- Baines/Galloway
Klaassen/Davies -- Schneiderlin/Barry -- Gana/McCarthy
Barkley/Mirallas -- Lukaku/DCL -- Sandro/Lookman
Some big improvements there already...
More to come yet too. I say this because there's likely to be departures too. But (for me) it would be great if we kept Ross and Rom having already made these additions. Likelihood is one or both of them go. Maybe McCarthy too. If so, I can see us making more signings.

What's our general expectation here at the minute? Is our current transfer outlay a combination of the money we couldn't spend last year along with the TV cash or is this Lukaku's fee we're splurging?

...Monday mornings rumour mill;

- According to the Daily Mirror, Bournemouth forward Joshua King is unsure about a move to Spurs and Everton are considering hijacking the deal.

- The Liverpool Echo reports Michael Keane will undergo a medical at Everton today ahead of a £31m (£25m with a possible £6m in add ons) move from Burnley.

- Sky Sports say Everton have completed the signing of Malaga striker, Sandro Ramirez in a 5 year deal. The Express report that the player will wear the no9 shirt.

- 4th Official again links the Toffees with AC Milan striker, Carlos Bacca.

- Paul Joyce from The Times says Everton are keen on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud. The Daily Post also go with the story.

- The Liverpool Echo reports Everton will need to be patient in their pursuit of Gylfi Sigurdsson as Swansea are digging their heels in.

...Monday mornings rumour mill;

- According to the Daily Mirror, Bournemouth forward Joshua King is unsure about a move to Spurs and Everton are considering hijacking the deal.

- The Liverpool Echo reports Michael Keane will undergo a medical at Everton today ahead of a £31m (£25m with a possible £6m in add ons) move from Burnley.

- Sky Sports say Everton have completed the signing of Malaga striker, Sandro Ramirez in a 5 year deal. The Express report that the player will wear the no9 shirt.

- 4th Official again links the Toffees with AC Milan striker, Carlos Bacca.

- Paul Joyce from The Times says Everton are keen on Arsenal forward Olivier Giroud. The Daily Post also go with the story.

- The Liverpool Echo reports Everton will need to be patient in their pursuit of Gylfi Sigurdsson as Swansea are digging their heels in.

Great stuff as always ....it's why I get up ridiculously early. Thanks Eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back