Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron knows we need to buy in some top level experience. Of course the players we can attract are getting on a bit, but if they can help to bring through the young talent we are stocking up on - then they are more than worth it.

Of course you are correct but , for me there are a number of factors ( by no means conclusive !) pointing to this deal being done;
1. the lack of noise coming from Lukaku and / or his agent
2. the indication that Costa may be going back to Atletico and is content not to play for 6 months
3. the lack of rumours linking Chelsea with another striker
4. the amount of money that we have spent to date.

I suspect that if this deal was not advanced and / or done that Conte would be making public statements to put more pressure on the Chelsea hierarchy .
All very good points but it's not a done deal as there been no bid.. if there had been it would be major news.

2nd we won't be spending the Lukaku money as if we were we now spent 85 mil spent and we only have 1 striker, well 2 with DCL an only 10-15 mil left.

3rd Chelsea have been linked with a few strikers

4th Lukaku is not a Conte style of player

5th and final Chelsea won't pay 100 mil for him and we won't sell for less

Why would we sign a player on the decline who will be our top earner? Makes no sense at all.

Steer well clear and let him play out the rest of his fading days in the MLS or some other rubbish league.

I agree, but Koeman is on record as saying he would like to sign him. Would be a big mistake imo

All very good points but it's not a done deal as there been no bid.. if there had been it would be major news.

2nd we won't be spending the Lukaku money as if we were we now spent 85 mil spent and we only have 1 striker, well 2 with DCL an only 10-15 mil left.

3rd Chelsea have been linked with a few strikers

4th Lukaku is not a Conte style of player

5th and final Chelsea won't pay 100 mil for him and we won't sell for less

They will announce him when he is back from his holiday.

Koeman likes to play with a target man, aka Pelle. Giroud would have the same role in some games, except much better.

I personally think Lukaku will flop at Chelsea, he's too lazy to flourish in their style. If he uses his head instead of his heart, he'd be better off at Utd imo.

Side note, until this summer window, I admit I've seen very little of either player, but from YouTube videos, I am failing to see the hype about Lacazette. Is he actually that good? He didn't seem too different, quality-wise to Sandro really. Or did we just get THAT good a deal?
A Madrid want Sandro badly and they are the 4th best team in Europe, so he must be decent. We were very lucky, if it wasn't for A Madrids ban he would be signing for them

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back