Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got more chance in signing Dicky van Dijk after they tried to tap him up illegally, more likely to end up at Chelsea, Man City or dare I say it.....Everton
It wouldn't happen but can you imagine the fume if we bought VVD with the Lukaku money, Southampton calling Everton FC a classy club how they have handled transfer negotiations. I'd just tune into talk sport and the local radio to hear Aldridge and Quinn choking on their bitterness.

Got more chance in signing Dicky van Dijk after they tried to tap him up illegally, more likely to end up at Chelsea, Man City or dare I say it.....Everton
If this wasn't already the best window we've had just imagine if we snatched that actual world class footballer for them and all because they were breaking the rules. The club that always breaks the rules and never gets its comeuppance...

It wouldn't happen but can you imagine the fume if we bought VVD with the Lukaku money, Southampton calling Everton FC a classy club how they have handled transfer negotiations. I'd just tune into talk sport and the local radio to hear Aldridge and Quinn choking on their bitterness.

Imagine if we didn't sell lukaku and still bought vvd? I'm best stocking up on a LOT of new underpants.

Yep, along with DCL, Lookman, Bolasie (on return) and also Mirallas.

Giroud and sandro up front would be good (though I still think lukaku would be better) but Mirallis and bolaise are not goals scorers (but decent squad players to bring on in the last 30 mins) . Rooney can't play a full 90 minutes. Lookman and DCL are third choice back up players for any position at this point I would say. So we definetly need 1or 2 new wingers/attackers if we want to challenge for top 4.

Giroud and sandro up front would be good (though I still think lukaku would be better) but Mirallis and bolaise are not goals scorers (but decent squad players to bring on in the last 30 mins) . Rooney can't play a full 90 minutes. Lookman and DCL are third choice back up players for any position at this point I would say. So we definetly need 1or 2 new wingers/attackers if we want to challenge for top 4.
Mirallas is a goalscorer

True. I don't see how Barkley gets into our 'first eleven'...OK its a squad game, but if he stays at Everton he might easily become a peripheral figure.
Could be the making of him. We all know there's a player in there. Being pushed for his position and playing with better players may bring out the best in him. Think he made good positive strides after Christmas following a very poor 2016. Haven't given up on him just yet. Wish he'd just sign.

If Ross stays, he's still our first choice 'playmaker' barring Sig (or another) coming in.

But there'll certainly be more competition all through the squad, which can only be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back