Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wouldn't rule out something BIG on deadline day - and i mean incoming, we have set out to make a massive point /statement or whatever you wanna call it this summer, and it will not go unnoticed amongst players or agents

Well, if we land Giroud, (I agree with you, looks a decent call we will), the strikers are sorted, even if Rom goes. (Even more so if he stays). Rooney will be another option of course.

The midfield, again, looks pretty sorted imo. No massive holes anyrate. If Ross stays, even more so.

Keeper. Tick.

So, unless the Boss wants to go all bat nuts and sign, christ, who knows, for a bomb, other than sorting the defence/full back cover, not sure what the point would be.

Made a bit of a statement as it is I reckon. Crap out, quality in, early.

Well, if we land Giroud, (I agree with you, looks a decent call we will), the strikers are sorted, even if Rom goes. (Even more so if he stays). Rooney will be another option of course.

The midfield, again, looks pretty sorted imo. No massive holes anyrate. If Ross stays, even more so.

Keeper. Tick.

So, unless the Boss wants to go all bat nuts and sign, christ, who knows, for a bomb, other than sorting the defence/full back cover, not sure what the point would be.

One advantage of getting all your business done early mate, is that you can literally sit and wait when you have the finances and just see what becomes available, and by the nature of having everything wrapped up already you have a huge advantage on clubs who are in negotiations with multiple players as you can do the personal touch and give them full focus.

We will sign a wide player with pace mate, we will sign a young left back, and we will sign one more central midfielder and centre back (after keane) - just my gut feelings

Giroud
Rooney
Bertrand
Siggurdsson

Get those 4 in and it's been an immense transfer window even losing Rom and possibly Ross. I can't see us getting Bertrand though think we'll sign an understudy to Baines on the cheap although imo we need a regular starter. Keane, Williams and Baines is a defence without much pace, would be worried against sides with a pacey forward line.

Keeper. Tick.

get giroud and rooney in and then one or two full backs and then we're done if rom stays. That'd be a top squad and i'd be very happy.

If we sell him though we'll need to get a top quality replacement in, probably bring in another playmaker like siggurdsson and then we may buy another centre back. That's how i think it'll go.

I don't think We are anywhere near finished, Rom saga will drag out to the very last day. And then we will have another chunk to spend. We have areas that clearly need strengthening, left back, wide areas and another striker.

I doubt very much Roms situation will be allowed drag on till the end of the window.
IF and I say IF he's sold it will be early enough for us to get a replacement
I can see a deal being agreed and it kept quiet till we get the replacents in if indeed he is is sold

One advantage of getting all your business done early mate, is that you can literally sit and wait when you have the finances and just see what becomes available, and by the nature of having everything wrapped up already you have a huge advantage on clubs who are in negotiations with multiple players as you can do the personal touch and give them full focus.

We will sign a wide player with pace mate, we will sign a young left back, and we will sign one more central midfielder and centre back (after keane) - just my gut feelings

@orly
The last 4 words may have saved him ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back