Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus, did opta really need to add in the "goals excluding penalties" row? I'm pretty sure most could have made those workings out themselves.

Good to make a point of it imo. The fact that your average media outlet will compare players scoring records without stripping out penalties as standard is head-spinning stuff.

What we reckon rooney, another striker, left back then we're done?

Think a left back could be key position based on who else we're buying.

To me it looks like we're shaping up to play one up front with two narrow attacking midfielders behind. two from klaassen, barkley(if he stays), rooney, maybe sigurdsson.

Think mirallas and lookman, Bolasie when fit are impact subs if we need something different.

A really pacey left back is a must to give width and Baines a breather in that system.

Need another CB IMO too... and those positions are fine without any more departures... I'd be trying to offload mori, jags, McCarthy and we would need signings to replace Ross and rom when they go

I had too much time on my hands so checked out twitter and MU s fan forum (I know, I know) - yup unfortunately a fair few are laughing. But if we can get Rooney in at 100k or less it may not be too bad.
The man United fans who have turned on Rooney are about as bad as it gets for a football fan. He was tremendous for them for 10+ seasons and they act like he's Kone or something because he's slipped a bit

The man United fans who have turned on Rooney are about as bad as it gets for a football fan. He was tremendous for them for 10+ seasons and they act like he's Kone or something because he's slipped a bit

Strange thing is there are some im sure who never took to him from day one. It would be beyond amazing if they take Rom and we get Rooney then beat them first chance we get in the league

Samaris is crap. Fejsa is their best defensive midfielder but is injury prone.

Jimenez is a Nice player but not for that price.

I had too much time on my hands so checked out twitter and MU s fan forum (I know, I know) - yup unfortunately a fair few are laughing. But if we can get Rooney in at 100k or less it may not be too bad.
who the hell cares what some tits say on twitter? or the "bantz"? I place much more value on what Koeman and Walsh think then some miserable bandwagoning gits on the internet

....Thursday morning's rumour mill;

- The Daily Star says Olivier Giroud is Everton's no1 transfer target.

- The Star also report Everton want Manchester United to pay half of Wayne Rooney's £250k per week wages. The Express reckon Michael Carrick has been given the captains armband at United ahead of Rooney's imminent departure. The Mirror say Rooney's agent, Paul Stretford, met with Bill Kenwright yesterday and want United to pay £180k per week of the players wage despite no fee being involved. The Irish Independent report Everton are willing to pay the player £150k per week.

- According to The Express, Alvaro Morata is a priority over Romelu Lukaku for Manchester United. The Star, however, say United lead Chelsea in the race to sign the £100m Everton striker. A number of outlets report United want Rooney to be part of the Lukaku deal.

- Sky Sports journalist, Keith Downie, suggests Sunderland are on the verge of signing 3 players from Everton. Brendan Galloway and Tyias Browning are joining on loan, whilst Aiden McGeady is making a permanent move.

- Portuguese outlet, Record, say Everton have made a £39m bid for Benfica's Mexican forward, Raul Jimenez.

- According to DZ Foot reporter, Ed Aarons, Everton, Spurs and West Ham are keen on Porto winger Yacine Brahimi.

I remember Everton fans turning on Peter Reid when his performances began to decline. It happens at all clubs I'm afraid, and always will.

- The Star also report Everton want Manchester United to pay half of Wayne Rooney's £250k per week wages. The Express reckon Michael Carrick has been given the captains armband at United ahead of Rooney's imminent departure. The Mirror say Rooney's agent, Paul Stretford, met with Bill Kenwright yesterday and want United to pay £180k per week of the players wage despite no fee being involved. The Irish Independent report Everton are willing to pay the player £150k per week.

- According to The Express, Alvaro Morata is a priority over Romelu Lukaku for Manchester United. The Star, however, say United lead Chelsea in the race to sign the £100m Everton striker. A number of outlets report United want Rooney to be part of the Lukaku deal.

- Sky Sports journalist, Keith Downie, suggests Sunderland are on the verge of signing 3 players from Everton. Brendan Galloway and Tyias Browning are joining on loan, whilst Aiden McGeady is making a permanent move.

- Portuguese outlet, Record, say Everton have made a £39m bid for Benfica's Mexican forward, Raul Jimenez.

- According to DZ Foot reporter, Ed Aarons, Everton, Spurs and West Ham are keen on Porto winger Yacine Brahimi.
I hope there's a decimal point missing there.

Seriously though, he could be a decent option at half that price.

In summary, no one actually has a Billy igloo about our business is what I gleam from that ;)

I like new Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back