Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one mystery over our transfer dealings this summer, just why was Steve Walsh in Milan? For Everton to send a delegation out there, there must have been serious interest in a particular target. I know at the time we were after Balde (but he played for lazio anyway). Either way nothing seems to have come of this meeting or has it and we are just waiting?
Just went over for a piss up

Reactions: FTY
The one mystery over our transfer dealings this summer, just why was Steve Walsh in Milan? For Everton to send a delegation out there, there must have been serious interest in a particular target. I know at the time we were after Balde (but he played for lazio anyway). Either way nothing seems to have come of this meeting or has it and we are just waiting?

I think that it was mainly to open channels of negotiations/contacts with a few Serie A clubs.

Basically, make our presence known in that market.

And there's still plenty of time left in this window. Seven weeks, in fact.

The man United fans who have turned on Rooney are about as bad as it gets for a football fan. He was tremendous for them for 10+ seasons and they act like he's Kone or something because he's slipped a bit
Plenty of Evertonians were baying for Cahill to leave before he did, every team has bad teds

I don't get why we don't throw the wages we're talking about for Rooney at Ghezzal now he's available on a free transfer. 25 years old so will still be worth good money in 3-4 years time. Very skilful winger.

I dont know why, but i just cant get excited about the Rooney, Giroud or the Jiminez links.

im not averse to getting in Rooney or Giroud (not both though)

I think after signing 4 young exciting players i need a fix of more of that.
Dembele, Werner, Dolberg, th likes of them i'd be getting excited about. (In reality though for 2/3 seasons, giroud would probably do better than any of these)

Rossi on a free anyone? Not a starter but adds depth and can score.

Injuries have wrecked him unfortunately.

If he's been allowed to leave Fiorentina on a free, that says enough.

Was a great player in his early twenties but the injuries he got when he left Villarreal totally derailed him. Such a shame as at that stage he was one of the best in Europe.

EDIT: Just seen he did his ACL again back in April. Yeh, swerve.

He was absolutely superb at Villarreal. Superb. An excellent goalscorer with lots of skill and a great passer.

A crying shame he has had so many injuries, he coulda been a contender

He was absolutely superb at Villarreal. Superb. An excellent goalscorer with lots of skill and a great passer.

A crying shame he has had so many injuries, he coulda been a contender

Oh aye.

Reckon he was as good as Dybala is. Similar player as well.

Not an 'out and out' striker, more of a second striker IIRC.

But yeh, injuries have done him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back