Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this as all other clubs fans are assuming we are dpmoing a Spurs and buying before we sell. Liverpool and Arsenal fans in particular seem worried.

I think Cahill left at the perfect time, just before people could turn on him properly
Just look at Howard & jags
You can add Baines to that as well....absolutely mystifying to me that he and/or Jags should have a single slight against them when the bottom line is they are the best we have and give absolutely everything. I'm made up Jags will be replaced by Keane this season so he doesn't have the ignominy that older players sometimes end up facing in their last season

You can add Baines to that as well....absolutely mystifying to me that he and/or Jags should have a single slight against them when the bottom line is they are the best we have and give absolutely everything. I'm made up Jags will be replaced by Keane this season so he doesn't have the ignominy that older players sometimes end up facing in their last season

Baines and Jags have been magnificent. Two top class players who both had chances to move to the likes of Man United and Arsenal yet chose to stay loyal. Throughout the premier era we have had some superb service from midfielders and defenders. It is in attack where we have yet to really have a true icon. Duncan Ferguson is still the only striker who could claim to have any real lasting legacy. We have yet to have a forward notch 100 league goals in this era of SKY. Shocking that :(

£75m + Rooney essentially, absolutely fine that.

He's a brilliant goalscorer and I'm gutted he is going, but £100m for him is pipedream stuff

Baines and Jags have been magnificent. Two top class players who both had chances to move to the likes of Man United and Arsenal yet chose to stay loyal. Throughout the premier era we have had some superb service from midfielders and defenders. It is in attack where we have yet to really have a true icon. Duncan Ferguson is still the only striker who could claim to have any real lasting legacy. We have yet to have a forward notch 100 league goals in this era of SKY. Shocking that :(
Absolutely concur.

I'm not sure if we'll ever get that mystical striker though, we can but hope; that said if someone like Sandro does his full contract term I'd bet on him comfortably getting over the 100 mark first if Lukaku does leave.

So right now with Lukaku gone we have no strikers or anybody who can get even 10 goals a season. We have to hope Sandro settles quickly and is a success, but Rooney is no replacement and that means big money will need to be spent on making up those 25-odd goals that are now missing!

So right now with Lukaku gone we have no strikers or anybody who can get even 10 goals a season. We have to hope Sandro settles quickly and is a success, but Rooney is no replacement and that means big money will need to be spent on making up those 25-odd goals that are now missing!
Sandro and Rooney will get more than 10 each next year

I dont know why, but i just cant get excited about the Rooney, Giroud or the Jiminez links.

im not averse to getting in Rooney or Giroud (not both though)

I think after signing 4 young exciting players i need a fix of more of that.
Dembele, Werner, Dolberg, th likes of them i'd be getting excited about. (In reality though for 2/3 seasons, giroud would probably do better than any of these)
This is how I feel. Can't get excited about buying 31 year old rejects from teams we should be competing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back