Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah no chance we spunk that much on a CB - especially now we need to replace Lukaku.

Some lad on twitter saying otherwise isn't going to convince anyone but the desperate.

VVD will not be coming to Everton as he has already said think we will need 2-3 more players Would like Robertson from hull possibly Sigurdson from Swansea if he is available
get rid of Niasse Mcgeady Robles and few others

VVD will not be coming to Everton as he has already said think we will need 2-3 more players Would like Robertson from hull possibly Sigurdson from Swansea if he is available
get rid of Niasse Mcgeady Robles and few others

Striker?

Yes I understand that completely. With transfer I try to look beyond just how good a lad is. I think VVD was probably the best CB in the league last season. However you have to ask, how quickly will he settle? How will he adapt to the manager? How much experience has he had of the league? Is he of he right age to adapt to new surroundings? I think all those boxes are ticked whereas say a lad like Koulibaly who may be of similar ability only ticks some of them. We are paying for that luxury.

We have just received 90 million for Lukaku. And alongside that will have sorted a forward line out for 25 if we get Giroud and Rooney alongside Sandro. So we have an abundance of cash to spend. If we get VVD there is every chance we have the potential to have the best defensive record in the league.

it's boring splashing £105m on a keeper and two defenders though. I want us to spend that on two strikers haha Every good team needs a solid backline though, in all seriousness.

say we bring in a new centre back and left back which seems likely, as well as ticking off a few of those who are heavily linked. there's every change we could field an XI in one of the opening games of the season where schneiderlin is the longest serving player.

Pickford
Martina Keane New CB New LB
Klaassen Schneiderlin
Rooney Siggurdson Sandro
Giroud
and yes, that is a mighty fine new team, as well.

Still need some full back cover.
We might see some Antonee Robinson this year. I don't think he was sent out on loan, and from his interview it sounded like he may have been promised some 1st team football whether it was out on loan or in the 1st team. I see him featuring a bit in Europa.

say we bring in a new centre back and left back which seems likely, as well as ticking off a few of those who are heavily linked. there's every change we could field an XI in one of the opening games of the season where schneiderlin is the longest serving player.

Pickford
Martina Keane New CB New LB
Klaassen Schneiderlin
Rooney Siggurdson Sandro
Giroud
and yes, that is a mighty fine new team, as well.

Completely new side of that of 12 months ago.

I would include Gana all day long in my 11.

Swap Klaassen with Rooney to the bench.

And another 1, don't no who this fella is either

Tbf to him, he's been pretty good with info this summer and a few rumours. Called both Sandro & Keane ages ago and stuck to his guns even when folk were wetting the bed we weren't going to pull those deals off and we did. But let's not get carried away, we can bid for anyone but it doesn't mean it will get accepted or we will sign them!

Personally I just can't see it with van Dijk. I'd love him at us, don't get me wrong, but why would Southampton make such a deal of the van Dijk situation with Liverpool and make such a stance that he wasn't and isn't for sale at any price and then go and flog him to us? Doesn't make sense. Think they will stick to their word and keep him for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back