Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martina isn't good enough and the kids are an unknown. Holgate certainly isn't good enough especially as a wing back.

We have one of the best right-backs in the league.

Kenny looks ready to make the step up, and Holgate can play there if needed though yes is a CB.

Martina will be competition for those. It's a common-sense signing for Free and low wages.

we're looking at something like this:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Williams Baines
Gueye Morgan
Klaassen
Rooney Giroud Sandro
Damnit, forgot bout Siggy, where'd he fit?

If that was the case that leaves us with a bench of

Stekkers
Jags
Holgate
Barry
Davies ( Tom, King and future Capitan )
Lookman
Calvert Lewin

Funes Mori left at home
Besic waiting for a chance

That's assuming

Barkley is sold
McCarthy Is sold

Bolasie and Coleman out to long term injuries

What's this about Demarai Gray above as well? ;)

Can we please get some wide players Everton.

I don't know how we try and fit Giroud, Rooney, Sandro, Barkley, Siggurdsson, Klaassen, Gueye, Schneiderlin, and Davies into a team. I definitely can't begin to picture how it is going to work with no Coleman stretching teams on the right hand side. Where does the width come from to cross the balls onto Giroud's lovely fod?

Iceland.

I have my reservations on Dembele. Leigh Griffiths scored 30 league goals couple years ago, didn't he?

If we sign Giroud the lack of pace of our front line would be quite alarming and we surely wouldn't be able to play him, Rooney and Sigurdsson in one team.

There's no middleground it seems. Hope Koeman will figure it out :)

With Dembele he did it in the championship and for France u21s also hes only 21 in 2 days so....its about what can be developed also.

Some of the signings don't make much sense to me...Rooney does if he is accompanied by pacy kids...otherwise bizarre

In all seriousness I think a fit bolasie would struggle to get In our squad if all goes to plan this window....same as Mirallas.

Rooney/Barkley and Sandro/Lookman on the flanks seems to be the thinking imo.

One thing I'm lost on is where Sigurdsson would play as if we did add in mirallas while bolasie is out that 6 wide forwards. Insane.

Koeman really rates Bolasie.

Once fit he's back in the squad and providing the width and pace (and power) we need.

Agreed...for me though if it was a blank slate i'd like to see;

Dembele -- Dolberg -- Sandro

Rapid speed and a top target man all developing with us...that would make the purpose of signing Rooney understandable.

Have Lookman, Rooney, DCL, Barkley and perhaps Sigurdsson alternating in/out and it makes sense.

But cant see it myself....

That's because fortunately our manager doesn't play video games and knows we need some proven players in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back