Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey, leave @kithnou alone you monster. He has to talk absolute bubbles about MMA, Tennis first before he can spout rubbish about potential signings.

I'm bringing on a sub in his place @The Rhino who do you reckon??

It must be difficult retaining all that knowledge about so many sporting events. It's good that he doesn't come across as patronising or condescending when doing it as well.

I have my reservations on Dembele. Leigh Griffiths scored 30 league goals couple years ago, didn't he?

If we sign Giroud the lack of pace of our front line would be quite alarming and we surely wouldn't be able to play him, Rooney and Sigurdsson in one team.

There's no middleground it seems. Hope Koeman will figure it out :)

If we take Sigurdsson as a definite (I am anyway) then personally we kind of only need:

1x Striker (Giroud or whomever)
1x CB (VVD no chance in my eyes but who knows)
1x LB/RB - Preferably someone that can do a job both sides. I'd like a player for each but not sure.

If we can manage that then feet up and chill till the Stoke game.

We are very close to being done for the summer.

Striker for sure. If Giroud we are going to have very little pace in the side IF Siggurdson is signed and people expect Rooney to be a starter. I would swerve on Siggurdson buy Giroud and sign a pacier creative player. Mahrez in a free role behind Sandro and Giroud would be ideal. Perhaps this is affordable if we sell Ross and McCarthy.

I would stick with what we have at CB and revisit next summer. I would stick with holgate and Kenny at RB and see how they perform preseason. If there is some money left over then LB should be addressed

Sandro is better than Dembele so I don't really get the Dembele shouts. I doubt the latter would have got so many goals playing in La Liga for Malaga when he could get many more playing for a dominant Celtic side in a much poorer league.

Just because he only cost £5m or so don't underestimate him.

One more striker needed. Giroud would be great.

Agreed...for me though if it was a blank slate i'd like to see;

Dembele -- Dolberg -- Sandro

Rapid speed and a top target man all developing with us...that would make the purpose of signing Rooney understandable.

Have Lookman, Rooney, DCL, Barkley and perhaps Sigurdsson alternating in/out and it makes sense.

But cant see it myself....

Aye, thats why we will sign a LB and a RB IMO.
What's this about Demarai Gray above as well? ;)

Can we please get some wide players Everton.

I don't know how we try and fit Giroud, Rooney, Sandro, Barkley, Siggurdsson, Klaassen, Gueye, Schneiderlin, and Davies into a team. I definitely can't begin to picture how it is going to work with no Coleman stretching teams on the right hand side. Where does the width come from to cross the balls onto Giroud's lovely fod?

we're looking at something like this:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Williams Baines
Gueye Morgan
Klaassen
Rooney Giroud Sandro
Damnit, forgot bout Siggy, where'd he fit?

What's this about Demarai Gray above as well? ;)

Can we please get some wide players Everton.

I don't know how we try and fit Giroud, Rooney, Sandro, Barkley, Siggurdsson, Klaassen, Gueye, Schneiderlin, and Davies into a team. I definitely can't begin to picture how it is going to work with no Coleman stretching teams on the right hand side. Where does the width come from to cross the balls onto Giroud's lovely fod?

from Kenny mate, he plays very similarly to Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back