Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this about Demarai Gray above as well? ;)

Can we please get some wide players Everton.

I don't know how we try and fit Giroud, Rooney, Sandro, Barkley, Siggurdsson, Klaassen, Gueye, Schneiderlin, and Davies into a team. I definitely can't begin to picture how it is going to work with no Coleman stretching teams on the right hand side. Where does the width come from to cross the balls onto Giroud's lovely fod?

Remember we will play about 60 odd games this season. So we need 2 players for every position, effectively two teams.

I think we will play a 433 which seems Koemans modus operandi and Swap Coleman for Kenny and its just the same.

The danger is on the left wing back side as baines now isn't good enough there and we need another star signed.

Good problem to have isn't it. I can see Gana dropping out personally with Rooney in midfield and Sigurdsson in that right-hand role that's not wide but not inside Barkley does.

We'll have plenty of options next season if we get who we're looking into.

I'm likin' what Ronko's cookin'

Remember we will play about 60 odd games this season. So we need 2 players for every position, effectively two teams.

I think we will play a 433 which seems Koemans modus operandi and Swap Coleman for Kenny and its just the same.

The danger is on the left wing back side as baines now isn't good enough there and we need another star signed.

Baines will 100% be the starter mate and he should be, what we need is to bring in a quality young player who can spell him and eventually take on his role

Think he will first have to prove his fitness mate, and maybe the trains moved that fast already that he's gonna be a squad player now rather than a guaranteed starter

There should be no guaranteed starters in the first place. You play the 11 players that are in the best form and work together. You need to look at it as a squad not team game if you want to win anything these days.

There should be no guaranteed starters in the first place. You play the 11 players that are in the best form and work together. You need to look at it as a squad not team game if you want to win anything these days.

Mate there is ALWAYS going to be guaranteed starters, and if you don't have a few of them then your not gonna do anything

Yep and this is what we've lacked for years, we've always had a decent 11 the last few season's but never had a decent 16-18 and then past that a strong 25 man squad. The better players we bring in means we will have better players on the bench ( expect Stekkers who is plop )

Mate there is ALWAYS going to be guaranteed starters, and if you don't have a few of them then your not gonna do anything

Some, yes, but to try and fit a Bolasie into either camp is pointless. Only guaranteed starters should be the defence where continuity is key. We'll change up the attacking half lots depending on the type of opposition which we couldn't do last year.

Some, yes, but to try and fit a Bolasie into either camp is pointless. Only guaranteed starters should be the defence where continuity is key. We'll change up the attacking half lots depending on the type of opposition which we couldn't do last year.

Keeper, and centre back pairing and AT least one centre mid, basically a spine of the team you want fixed in position

we're looking at something like this:

Pickford
Kenny Keane Williams Baines
Gueye Morgan
Klaassen
Rooney Giroud Sandro
Damnit, forgot bout Siggy, where'd he fit?

Williams and Baines would be very slow on the left side of defence here and Baines I think would find it a struggle to get up and down the pitch,

Also, of the front 4 only Sandro has any pace...with Pickfords ability to make long inch perfect passes we need a lot more pace there so take advantage of this.

Koeman really rates Bolasie.

Once fit he's back in the squad and providing the width and pace (and power) we need.

What about the 'productivity'?

Frankly speaking I'm not sure what team above us he could get into...same as Rooney. Two odd moves for me unless Rooney is there to lead the kids through regaling his time at Everton and how he won a dream move...

I think the priority is signing Lukaku's near-enough replacement soon as. Then get the full backs in.

I'm calm at the moment and excited to see what we do. That credit facility is a game changer for us, if the player is keen we will bring them in this summer.

I've no idea who we bring in to replace Lukaku. I'd be happy with Giroud but we'd want wide players to put the ball into him. Other than Giroud, I've no idea where we can look for a promising young striker without paying through the nose for it.

Sandro was a real coup but I am not entirely convinced he's an out-an-out striker for us, his goal scoring record is quite good but a fair few were from set pieces. He might need time adapting to the league as well.

Rooney is a complete unknown for me. While I was against this move for personal bitter reasons my footballing brain does say the potential is there for him to come out flat out of the blocks and just will the goals in as this move could bring him some of his energetic self back. Or he could be crap and get himself crocked, who knows.

Still think we need one more option that isn't Niasse. Then get some wide players in because the squad is lacking depth there.

That's because fortunately our manager doesn't play video games and knows we need some proven players in the squad.

So Rooney, Gana, Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Coleman, Baines, Williams etc etc are not classed as experienced or proven...

Ok billybob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back