Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the priority is signing Lukaku's near-enough replacement soon as. Then get the full backs in.

I'm calm at the moment and excited to see what we do. That credit facility is a game changer for us, if the player is keen we will bring them in this summer.

I've no idea who we bring in to replace Lukaku. I'd be happy with Giroud but we'd want wide players to put the ball into him. Other than Giroud, I've no idea where we can look for a promising young striker without paying through the nose for it.

Sandro was a real coup but I am not entirely convinced he's an out-an-out striker for us, his goal scoring record is quite good but a fair few were from set pieces. He might need time adapting to the league as well.

Rooney is a complete unknown for me. While I was against this move for personal bitter reasons my footballing brain does say the potential is there for him to come out flat out of the blocks and just will the goals in as this move could bring him some of his energetic self back. Or he could be crap and get himself crocked, who knows.

Still think we need one more option that isn't Niasse. Then get some wide players in because the squad is lacking depth there.

The credit facility benefits us solely because it enables us to move very quickly on targets up to 60mil immediately down in cash.

If we go in like lightening, agree the fee with the club and then the players contract boom done.

But I don't see how else it helps us if the club has money anyway. We just use that money via credit to speed things up.

Think Giroud has an amazing scoring record for someone whose in/out of arsenals side and is so slow,

Sandro I'm hoping will be left side of an attacking trident.

Rooney seems pointless unless we sign more young forwards and he mentors them

Wide players: Lennon, Bolasie. Mirallas, Sandro, Barkley, DCL have all played there in the attacking trident

We need a 50m signing to salvage ourselves from being look at as a club that signs backup striker from other leading clubs.

This thread is gone a tad mental for me we just need another two Gylfmeister general and Rom replacement.

People saying the likes of Bolaise and Mirrallas won't get into the squad badly need to open the curtains.

NEILS
ROONEY
BOLD
NOW
THANK YOU
X

The credit facility benefits us solely because it enables us to move very quickly on targets up to 60mil immediately down in cash.

If we go in like lightening, agree the fee with the club and then the players contract boom done.

But I don't see how else it helps us if the club has money anyway. We just use that money via credit to speed things up.

Think Giroud has an amazing scoring record for someone whose in/out of arsenals side and is so slow,

Sandro I'm hoping will be left side of an attacking trident.

Rooney seems pointless unless we sign more young forwards and he mentors them

Wide players: Lennon, Bolasie. Mirallas, Sandro, Barkley, DCL have all played there in the attacking trident
The ones in bold are the only ones I consider proper wide players, really only the first 2 are what anyone would call a winger. Mirallas and Sandro will always be drifting inside to get shots off whereas Lennon and Bolasie look to get the ball into the box but both of them aren't fit for selection AFAIK so one more quality option here is something that we could use.

I think DCL and Barkley were played in those positions last year out of necessity rather than merit. Barkley can be wasted out there and DCL is just a body out there and the game passes him by for the most part.

Tierney may be better than the lot of them mate
Thought for a whilst that when/if we sold Lukaku that we'd try to go fora big signing for centre back mate, let's see - getting one in would mean we can push 10-15 yards further up against most teams and would mean the likes of Rooney/Giroud klassen etc would be much more effective

Right now, Keane/Kenny (if hes what we saw in the WC) look class and a long term pairing, we still have Coleman and Holgate there too.

Left sided, Williams/Baines looks very average and one paced to me....

Another CB like Keane with pace and a top young LB with an engine and pace (left sided Kenny) and we would be transformed.

The keeper, defence and midfield would then be very close to complete imo.

If we have those three areas sorted then we would play most other sides off the park 8th and below...

The ones in bold are the only ones I consider proper wide players, really only the first 2 are what anyone would call a winger. Mirallas and Sandro will always be drifting inside to get shots off whereas Lennon and Bolasie look to get the ball into the box but both of them aren't fit for selection AFAIK so one more quality option here is something that we could use.

I think DCL and Barkley were played in those positions last year out of necessity rather than merit. Barkley can be wasted out there and DCL is just a body out there and the game passes him by for the most part.

If we go with 433 which is the dutchmans favoured formation then Barkley (if he stays) would be the 5th wide player as he wont be played in the centre...

DCL yeah he's 3rd choice fwd I think.

Basicallly though I think were fairly stocked out wide like this;

RF -- Rooney, Barkley, Bolasie, Lennon
LF -- Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas

Plenty of games mate.

I don't think we'll see - if all goes to plan - us starting with the same XI in consecutive games many times next year.

The successful sides tend to though. I don't recall Chelsea making too many changes to their starting 11 last season (admittedly they weren't in Europe though). I personally think a massive squad can prove problematic

If we go with 433 which is the dutchmans favoured formation then Barkley (if he stays) would be the 5th wide player as he wont be played in the centre...

DCL yeah he's 3rd choice fwd I think.

Basicallly though I think were fairly stocked out wide like this;

RF -- Rooney, Barkley, Bolasie, Lennon
LF -- Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas

If we aren't starting any wingers who look to cross the ball in then we best get in some full backs that can do it. Baines is going to struggle to play every game this year and will need some cover, we've not replaced Oviedo even. I know some of you have a lot of faith in Kenny but I haven't had the chance to watch him more than his two short lived appearances for us in the first team and I think it might be a lot to ask of him and Holgate to hold things down permanently while we wait for Coleman to come back.

You said the manager would want proven (which I assumed to mean experienced) players in the squad....if youre talking exclusively about the 4 attacking slots

Klaassen
Barkley
Bolasie
Rooney
Mirallas

Were well stocked so should be able to have the same in younger players too...

DCL Lookman Sandro Dolberg Dembele

Yes, proven on the pitch... you're wanting 3 unproven starters. Stop trying to warp the retort.

If we aren't starting any wingers who look to cross the ball in then we best get in some full backs that can do it. Baines is going to struggle to play every game this year and will need some cover, we've not replaced Oviedo even. I know some of you have a lot of faith in Kenny but I haven't had the chance to watch him more than his two short lived appearances for us in the first team and I think it might be a lot to ask of him and Holgate to hold things down permanently while we wait for Coleman to come back.

Kenny looked very good for England u20's. I personally hope we continue to give him and Holgate chances rather than bring someone else in.

i seriously don't think we have any interest in dembele. Seems every summer, some of us blues put forward the name of a celtic player and it grows from that and is always in the papers.

anyway, the window is 9 days old and we've bought 6 players, that's a juggernaught!

Kenny looked very good for England u20's. I personally hope we continue to give him and Holgate chances rather than bring someone else in.
We have a bunch of friendlies and Europa qualifiers to try them out. If it doesn't go well then we can get someone in before deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back