Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we aren't starting any wingers who look to cross the ball in then we best get in some full backs that can do it. Baines is going to struggle to play every game this year and will need some cover, we've not replaced Oviedo even. I know some of you have a lot of faith in Kenny but I haven't had the chance to watch him more than his two short lived appearances for us in the first team and I think it might be a lot to ask of him and Holgate to hold things down permanently while we wait for Coleman to come back.

433 isn't really wingers, usually the wing backs so Baines needs a young player to come in and oust him.

Kenny was top class in the u20 tournament...

Ron had better pull his finger out if he wants to live up to our last, great transfer window.........

IMG_1634.webp

Sat with a Celtic fan now who says he would take 30 mill for dembele and run. He's only had one season with them and scored 30 goals against the likes of Dundee, st Johnstone and rangers.

I'm sure I also said Van Diijk would be found out when he moved south of the border. However I'll put my neck on the line again and say dembele will be a poor mans Anelka. (Shots fired)

Yes, proven on the pitch... you're wanting 3 unproven starters. Stop trying to warp the retort.

You said proven players in the SQUAD.

It's a squad game so I went along with it....then you said in the squad who are forwards...again I went along with it.

Now you just want to start proven players on the pitch....? So we should ignore all our u21s lol

United did fine with Ibra said everyone and yet when Martial, Rashford and Lingard with pace and youth played they did far better...

That's what wins games and the players get developed into Evertonian legends.

433 isn't really wingers, usually the wing backs so Baines needs a young player to come in and oust him.

Kenny was top class in the u20 tournament...
I know he was good in the U20 tournament. He's still only played two games in the league as a substitute and it is going to be a big step up and a lot to ask of him early on in his career. If it is the plan that Koeman and Walsh have then I hope he can rise to the challenge.

We've seen other players do very well for lower level international teams like Ledson and they've been moved on. I just feel like if he is that promising then forcing him into being the starter with only Holgate to challenge him for a spot could be a lot of weight to put on him at the beginning of his career. The highest he's played so far beyond this summer's tournament is with Oxford in League One.

Kanchelskis is the last great signing weve made...absolutely amazing player and world class level.

We get in someone like that in any position and it will surpass it.

Eh?

Arteta, Cahill, Yakubu, Lukaku?

Or do you mean in the sense of signing a 'proven' quality player in their prime?

We have one of the best right-backs in the league.

Kenny looks ready to make the step up, and Holgate can play there if needed though yes is a CB.

Martina will be competition for those. It's a common-sense signing for Free and low wages.
What makes you think Kenny is ready? He couldn't even get in ahead of Holgate last season when it was obvious Holgate is never going to cut it as a RB especially not one expected to attack.

Coleman may not play next season and will be coming back from a very serious injury so we don't have a top RB.

Our options there are no way good enough especially if we play 3 at the back and with wing backs.

Kanchelskis is the last great signing weve made...absolutely amazing player and world class level.

We get in someone like that in any position and it will surpass it.

Buy more Utd Rejects you say?
That's a novel approach Bill would probably go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back