Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 38623

A mate of mine who sort of has connections at the club sent me this on Thursday. I thought it was s***e but since then Rooney's signed, there's conference today, our away kits being unveiled and Swansea want £50 mil for Sigurdsson.

giphy.gif

View attachment 38623

A mate of mine who sort of has connections at the club sent me this on Thursday. I thought it was s***e but since then Rooney's signed, there's conference today, our away kits being unveiled and Swansea want £50 mil for Sigurdsson.

Isco though, Isco.

Imagine him magically running around doing the boss football stuff for the blues.

Glorious, absolutely glorious.

He played Davies there in that role in pre season. He obviously has plans for him there. he is mobile, can put a tackle in and crosses pretty well, he would be fine there but I dont think he would be a proper wing back, the wide forwards would be doing the wing stuff. Will be interesting to see how we line up.
We had players coming back late and we were light in that position. I think if memory serves he also played Lennon there. Plus you are glossing over the fact that he never again played him in that position.

Davies is not a defender and right backs are still defenders.

I have said this loads but I think Koeman really likes Besic, goes on about him all the time and it would not surprise me in the slightest to see him involved in a more defensive role as part of a 3 man defence.

I think he has had enough of McCarthy. Another one he rates but he doesn't seem to want to help himself.

I like Davies a lot, as we all do, one thing worth thinking of though is that if he can not get game time then maybe he is not as good as we think he is? I think he will be fine and get his games because he is good enough.
You would think Besic is exactly a Koeman type player. He just can't stay fit.

However he got an ACL in pre-season last year and we still haven't seen him play since. Makes you realize how long these injuries actually take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back