Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to elaborate, I think Kenny is i too inexoeirnced (with quite a few people here wanting to play him just because he is a local boy-romantic but silly). Giroud is too slow. Funes mori is fine for a back up CB and can actually score sometimes.

...I don't think there's a clamour for Kenny because he's local, there's a clamour because he's very good. He can only get experience by playing but he was one of only two players to play every minute of the recent England U20 World Cup win. The lad is a conventional RB and he won't be found wanting for attitude.

I'm not one for pushing youngsters but Kenny certainly deserves an opportunity.

Hello Ernie Human,
Do you have any deliberately contrary opinions that you want to vigorously express about Kit Kats?

Like most people I quite like Kit Kats.
I'm guessing you won't and will explain why we're are all wrong?

Nestle kills babies, or so I'm lead to believe. Just type "Nestle kills" into Google, and see what it suggests if you're a skeptic...

We haven't signed anyone for 24 hours, so I'm guessing Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri must currently be enjoying a Kit Kat. Only explanation.

But so where McGeady and Cleverly both who came for frees so would have had to be on high wages.

I'm sure Niasse was on big money too. Signing on fees etc is the cost of doing business. Personally I'm not too angry with losing Lukaku (it was time) or with the players we have brought in (I think we have bought well).

I'm angry because it looks like once we ran out of Lukaku and extra TV money (extra 50m) we have stopped when there's still positions that are woefully covered. Our fullbacks will majorly cost us if they aren't strengthened. It's far more an issue than our forward positions. Even if Rooney doesn't do well, Sandro will take his place and I'm ok with that.

I know that's a lot of players to replace in one summer but the squad was a disaster beforehand.

The bolded bit...erm what? We have not even sold Lukaku yet technically!

I agree full back is an issue, but he may go 3 at the back which will enable us to play the likes of Davies as a wing back etc.

I dont know how anyone can be remotely "angry" at our transfer dealings so far.

Where did we finish the season before we got Lukaku?

We will be fine! It was never going to be a case of replacing like for like.

When we got rid of Rooney we went and came 4th next season, its about the team and not one individual, if Koeman didnt feel sure we will have goals in us next season I dont think we wouuld of sold Rom just yet

...I don't think there's a clamour for Kenny because he's local, there's a clamour because he's very good. He can only get experience by playing but he was one of only two players to play every minute of the recent England U20 World Cup win. The lad is a conventional RB and he won't be found wanting for attitude.

I'm not one for pushing youngsters but Kenny certainly deserves an opportunity.
So why didn't he play last season? Hopefully he will play pre-season and we all will get a chance to judge but if he's not up to being our starter for the majority of the season we need to go out and buy one because Martina isn't good enough.

The bolded bit...erm what? We have not even sold Lukaku yet technically!

I agree full back is an issue, but he may go 3 at the back which will enable us to play the likes of Davies as a wing back etc.

I dont know how anyone can be remotely "angry" at our transfer dealings so far.
Davies is not a wing or a back never mind a wing back. If we go 3 at the back we are in even more desperate need in those positions.

Big strikers you say. Dzeko and Crouch?

#bringabluehome

everton-fc-s-denis-stracqualursi-620-474556186.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back