Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day this scatter gun approach of lashing wedge on average players is what we've laughed at them for doing for years

It's sound now we're doing it though

I'll deal in facts thanks

And right now we have over the hill Rooney and an unproven kid from Spain replacing one of the top talents in Europe

Let's celebrate
The facts as you only deal in them are as follows, out : Lukaku
In : Rooney, Sandro

"Over the hill" "unproven kid from Spain" and "one of the top talents in Europe" are simply a matter of opinion.
I agree with you let's stick to the facts

I'd agree that people are getting too excited by the fact we are splashing the cash about. I don't think any of the players we have signed could be said to be guaranteed to succeed or improve us.

You could say the players that would be more likely to be an instant success and warrant all this premature celebrating and bragging are still just out of our league, but people are acting like this is what we have signed.

I'm not over the moon myself. I want to see Barkley signed up and a goalscorer in and hopefully some more creativity.

You could go through the squad right now and there are doubts about the majority of them from the youngsters like Lookman and DCL to the guys here a while like Kev and Ross, and on to the new signings. The manager too. I see uncertainty myself, who the hell knows how the team will gel together. It might not work.

Of course you can look on the positive side of it, and whilst a card carrying fence sitter I definitely lean more to the optimistic side, but I don't think any negative views should be shouted down just because people don't want their party ruined.

The facts as you only deal in them are as follows, out : Lukaku
In : Rooney, Sandro

"Over the hill" "unproven kid from Spain" and "one of the top talents in Europe" are simply a matter of opinion.
I agree with you let's stick to the facts

If you think those two are good enough to replace Rom then wow

I'd agree that people are getting too excited by the fact we are splashing the cash about. I don't think any of the players we have signed could be said to be guaranteed to succeed or improve us.

You could say the players that would be more likely to be an instant success and warrant all this premature celebrating and bragging are still just out of our league, but people are acting like this is what we have signed.

I'm not over the moon myself. I want to see Barkley signed up and a goalscorer in and hopefully some more creativity.

You could go through the squad right now and there are doubts about the majority of them from the youngsters like Lookman and DCL to the guys here a while like Kev and Ross, and on to the new signings. The manager too. I see uncertainty myself, who the hell knows how the team will gel together. It might not work.

Of course you can look on the positive side of it, and whilst a card carrying fence sitter I definitely lean more to the optimistic side, but I don't think any negative views should be shouted down just because people don't want their party ruined.

Sorry mate, can't have that opinion here

It's got to be "buzzing" "defo winning the league" "we are back" type posts

If you don't you're a WUM

At the end of the day this scatter gun approach of lashing wedge on average players is what we've laughed at them for doing for years

It's sound now we're doing it though

This is exactly the kind of post of someone who hasn't sat through year after year of awful transfer windows!

Sorry mate, can't have that opinion here

It's got to be "buzzing" "defo winning the league" "we are back" type posts

If you don't you're a WUM

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back