Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

You're right, you don't

You also don't know if we will sign another striker, so as of now Lukaku has been replaced with Sandro/Rooney, neither are good enough

Spains U21 striker and Barcelona academy product and the all time leading Man Utd and England goalscorer @ 31 years old seems like a pretty decent start to me

Yes...yes I do. Keane and Pickford are international players who had many suitors. Sandro similar. Signing on fees etc, it all adds up.
But so where McGeady and Cleverly both who came for frees so would have had to be on high wages.

I'm sure Niasse was on big money too. Signing on fees etc is the cost of doing business. Personally I'm not too angry with losing Lukaku (it was time) or with the players we have brought in (I think we have bought well).

I'm angry because it looks like once we ran out of Lukaku and extra TV money (extra 50m) we have stopped when there's still positions that are woefully covered. Our fullbacks will majorly cost us if they aren't strengthened. It's far more an issue than our forward positions. Even if Rooney doesn't do well, Sandro will take his place and I'm ok with that.

I know that's a lot of players to replace in one summer but the squad was a disaster beforehand.

Yer ma manages something similar on the regular

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back