Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they will be on more! Wages go up every year and all these players have came in on big deal (Except Martina erm and Sigurdsson.. who we have actually not signed?)
So did Cleverly, McGeady, Niasse etc

Do you really think they are on much more?

Sandro, Keane and Pickford are all relatively young so you would imagine they would be on less than Cleverly, McGeady, Niasse etc. I guess TV money has caused wage inflation to grow but that's about it.

Also the lad that has played in the Europa League, Champions League and for the Netherlands and is only 24...

But okay

Oh right, So because he played in a mediocre league for one of the top 2 sides which seen him get champions league football nearly every year then he's defo quality

Top logic

Who is this Ernie character? Not sure I've come across him before? He's not even subtle about being a WUM.

I kind of like him.

Hi Ernie

It doesn't take Poirot to deduce that we're in the market for another striker, shame that doesn't fit with your latest dreary agenda.

I'll deal in facts thanks

And right now we have over the hill Rooney and an unproven kid from Spain replacing one of the top talents in Europe

Let's celebrate

Although i dont agree with this Ernie guys rantings, Lookman may not get that much game time, Kev's pace has definatly started to defer & Bolasie wont be back till December & there is no guarentee he will be back as that quick type of player. We do need a strong, qick player in there i think
Bolasie's injury was about as bad as it gets. Both MCL and ACL. I wish him the best but it's completely unrealistic to hope he will be the same player. Whatever he can add will be a bonus.

replacing one of the best strikers in Europe

Thats a rather generous appraisal of Rom. He may well get to that point and has tons of potential but he is not there yet. Thats why it was Man Utd and Chelsea that were looking at him not Real, Barca or Bayern. None of the later three would touch him with a bargepole IMO.

Thats a rather generous appraisal of Rom. He may well get to that point and has tons of potential but he is not there yet. Thats why it was Man Utd and Chelsea that were looking at him not Real, Barca or Bayern. None of the later three would touch him with a bargepole IMO.

Yer he's crap lad, made up we got rid of that 25 goal a season monster

And right now we have over the hill Rooney and an unproven kid from Spain replacing one of the top talents in Europe

Let's celebrate

Judge it on September 1st. I understand the worry, but at the same time, there is what, 7 weeks left ? NONE of us can sign we have, or we haven't replaced anyone with anyone yet. There aren't any facts to play with.

Let's celebrate
Do you know what a fact is ?

What you have done is given your opinion and called it fact.

All of this is opinion anyway.
What is fact is that we have sold Lukaku and some peripheral squad players.
What is fact is that we have signed Pickford, Keane, Klaasen, Sandro and Rooney for the first team.
How that business will turn out is opinion.
Who else will leave or arrive is opinion.

I think you may be confused between fact and opinion.

giphy.gif

Man Utd and Chelsea are two of the biggest clubs in European football. Definitely both in the top 8 and with the money Utd are spending I wouldn't be surprised if they along with Man City start dominating the CL over the next few seasons. Barca are definitely in decline and Bayern aren't quite the same team now either.

And I'm not a premiership fanboy. The quality has been rubbish over the last 10 years but it's clear that's changing. Messi and Ronaldo can't go on forever.

Dropped in to see who's next and the transfer thread if full or doom and gloom. Go figure, some people can't be patient or happy.

So who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back