Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
But so where McGeady and Cleverly both who came for frees so would have had to be on high wages.

I'm sure Niasse was on big money too. Signing on fees etc is the cost of doing business. Personally I'm not too angry with losing Lukaku (it was time) or with the players we have brought in (I think we have bought well).

I'm angry because it looks like once we ran out of Lukaku and extra TV money (extra 50m) we have stopped when there's still positions that are woefully covered. Our fullbacks will majorly cost us if they aren't strengthened. It's far more an issue than our forward positions. Even if Rooney doesn't do well, Sandro will take his place and I'm ok with that.

I know that's a lot of players to replace in one summer but the squad was a disaster beforehand.

We haven't stopped.

We haven't stopped.
I know but I just get the feeling that after Sigurdsson comes in, Barkley goes and Martina comes in we will be looking to pick up another bargain basement LB to cover Baines and that will be it.

If so that will be very disappointing.

But so where McGeady and Cleverly both who came for frees so would have had to be on high wages.

I'm sure Niasse was on big money too. Signing on fees etc is the cost of doing business. Personally I'm not too angry with losing Lukaku (it was time) or with the players we have brought in (I think we have bought well).

I'm angry because it looks like once we ran out of Lukaku and extra TV money (extra 50m) we have stopped when there's still positions that are woefully covered. Our fullbacks will majorly cost us if they aren't strengthened. It's far more an issue than our forward positions. Even if Rooney doesn't do well, Sandro will take his place and I'm ok with that.

I know that's a lot of players to replace in one summer but the squad was a disaster beforehand.

Hola Jorge. Hope you have been enjoying the forum since your debut last Thursday.

Can I just ask which former banned poster are you? Also do you think we should sign Muzzy Izzet?

Sorry mate, can't have that opinion here

It's got to be "buzzing" "defo winning the league" "we are back" type posts

If you don't you're a WUM
Hello Ernie Human,
Do you have any deliberately contrary opinions that you want to vigorously express about Kit Kats?

Like most people I quite like Kit Kats.
I'm guessing you won't and will explain why we're are all wrong?

Hi Dave :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back