Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
this-cannot-be-real.gif

All this money most fans think we have yet we go for a player Southampton didn't want. He's horrendous. Only reason you'd sign him is because there's no cash

Jeez, you talk utter tosh. We've been spending cash like it's going out of fashion and are gonna continue to do so. There's not a bottomless pit of it though. We still have to balance books/follow ffp and other stuff. We've got one of the best RB's in the league due to return around Xmas time. Why would we pay tons of cash for a backup, especially considering we've got two young lads who can also play there at a push? Honestly, you're not fit to lace Dave's boots.

It is boss this isnt it. I am walking around grinning like a cretin and we are on Sky sports so much that even i am getting fed up with it! Imagine what the mutants feel like :) more signings to coem, Rooney giggling like a five year old, the signings we have made all look like they will add something to the team, hapyy, happy days! My dad told me about when John Moores first took over the club, that it seemed like the sky was the limit! I reckon it must have felt a bit like this :))
Ya mate, getting a bit old it is.

...here's some gossip from Wednesday mornings rumour columns;

- According to Clubcall website, Swansea manager Paul Clement has told Everton that Gylfi Sigurdsson will only leave if their very high valuation is met. Sigurdsson is set to join Swansea's pre-season tour of the United States which leaves tomorrow. The Guardian say Koeman is determined to sign Sigurdsson despite the £50m price tag.

- FootballLondon say Spurs have been handed a boost with news that Ross Barkley has not travelled with the Everton squad on their pre-season tour of Tanzania. Everton say the midfielder has a "groin problem". Joel Robles is another absentee from the tour.

- Football London also report that West Ham are closing in on Marko Arnautovic who has handed in a transfer request at Stoke. Arnautovic was on Everton's radar.

- JustArsenalNews weblog suggest Everton's interest in Christian Benteke is confirmation that Arsenal will not sell Olivier Giroud. 4th Official also report Everton interest in Benteke.

- According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are looking to hijack Crystal Palace's £8.6m bid for defender Jairo Reidewald who plays for Ajax. Left back Reidewald is only 20 but has already played 100 games for Ajax.

- The Croydon Advertiser says Crystal Palace are favourites to sign Arsenal defender, Calum Chambers who has also been interesting Everton.

- French outlet Foot Mercato report that Juventus have knocked back a bid from Galatasary for midfielder Mario Lemina who is also interesting Everton.

- Turin newspaper, TottoSport, say Everton and West Ham are both keen on another Juventus midfielder, Stefano Sturaro.

- 4th Official report West Brom are closing in on Everton's Gareth Barry.

- The Northern Echo say Newcastle are set to face more transfer frustration as Leicester City have entered the race for Everton midfielder, James McCarthy.

Christian Benteke scored an average of 1 goal every 2 matches at Villa and his goalscoring record at Crystal Palace has been similarly impressive. Yes, he only bagged 10 when he was at the RS but that's because Deirdre Barlow hardly ever played him.

Very few strikers who were born in the 1990s have already scored over 60 goals in the Premier League and a dozen goals for their country. Christian Benteke has.

Benteke is also much better in the air than Lukaku.

If we can get him for half of what Man Utd paid for Lukaku, I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back