Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah mate disagree, if this lads been brought in it should only be as a stop gap emergency cover for Kenny, Martina is the definition of a very very mediocre (being generous there) player, he'd not start for any team in this league.

Kenny meanwhile is at an age he needs to start playing top level games, captained his team to win the 23s league, won the euro 17s with England and was a standout player there, won the world cup with the junior England side and again was the best right back in the tournament, every time he's had minutes for us he has impressed also, if Martina plays ahead of him it's a travesty and if the lad decided to move on I wouldn't blame him

This is through injury his chance to show he's ready, if we bring in a utter retread to stop that, then I fail to understand why.

Easy answer is to go on about maybe he's not ready etc, manager sees him in training and such like. Fact is though all managers have a blind spot for certain players and Martina seems like Koemans if he does indeed start for us.
Yeah I'm not saying he's a top player - just actual RB cover while Coleman returns and until Kenny is ready to be a regular.

Coleman is still injured and Kenny isn't ready to be thrown in week in week out just yet.

Possibly not many people bothered, but I reckon we get riedewald, we can forget benteke. Palace on principle won't deal with us. Unless Palace offer more wages I'd say we'll get him, unless it's too late.

Reckon funes mori will probably end up in Spain, season loan, with option to buy.

Last edited:
Stormzy? Sorry not down with kids like that Irish journo

image.webp

Lol at Stormzy lol

He most certainly is buddy.

I don't think you can say that really.

He looked great for the U23s and England U20s.

He looked very promising when he came on vs Swansea.

But that's the only 15 minutes of first team football he had all season.

Ideally, he's going to get a run out in pre-season and get some minutes under his belt.

That way, when the season kicks off in full, he will hopefully have impressed enough to be part of the first team squad for good.

But we're evidently bringing Martina in just to have that alternative, instead of heading into a potentially 50+ game season with two 20-yr-olds as our right-back options - one of which is a CB by trade.

Yeah I'm not saying he's a top player - just actual RB cover while Coleman returns and until Kenny is ready to be a regular.

Coleman is still injured and Kenny isn't ready to be thrown in week in week out just yet.

I'd trust Kenny to be ready even at this age and to out perform significantly Martina or Holgate mate, yeah a full season would be a mistake as he will burn out, but Davies showed last season that for a 3-4 month period it's doable, Coleman will be back in January and the Kenny can rest before he fatigues.

I'd go with the promise and potential every last time over the proven not good enough and Martina is inferior quality to players we are actively getting rid of.

I'd trust Kenny to be ready even at this age and to out perform significantly Martina or Holgate mate, yeah a full season would be a mistake as he will burn out, but Davies showed last season that for a 3-4 month period it's doable, Coleman will be back in January and the Kenny can rest before he fatigues.

I'd go with the promise and potential every last time over the proven not good enough and Martina is inferior quality to players we are actively getting rid of.
That's it isn't it no matter who we bring in if they are out performed in training Koeman is not the type to ignore that and just carry on with established players is he!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back