Sandro - £5.2m
Henri - £6.8m
Rooney - 'Free'

Lukaku - £75m (rising to £90m)
Deulofeu - £10.25m
Cleverley - £8m
McGeady - £0.25m
Kone - FREE

So, we've brought in approx £93.5m (as it stands, not counting add ons), and spent £86m (again, not including add ons).

That, to me, is great business when it comes to the players gone compared to players brought in.

Bar Lukaku - who didn't want to be here - those players offered nothing to us and won't be missed.

We're on the verge of signing Sigurdsson and smashing our record in the process.

We're then going to add a striker and probably another defender (this isn't including Martina).

And, as the squad stands, that will be us done. If there are sales, which is possible, we will go and reinvest that money if required.

You said spent not net spent. Net spend is a pointless argument when there is a 75m fee involved.

if we weren't planning to sell Rom, believe me, we'd never have spent as much as we have.

The club will never move forward until it invests. Spending money generated from player sales isn't good enough

Not really a statement of intent just spending money made from player sales

I thought moshiri was going to spend big?

We have spent big? We've broke our record twice over and are set to do it again.

The fact that we could possibly spend £200m outright, quite easily, this summer, and still break even by getting rid of players who don't want to be here or are just plain crap, shows the job that was required in the first place...

What does negative net spend matter if we've improved the team.

Since you're so arsed about a positive net spend, I'm guessing you're going to be happy that we spend £45m on Gylfi, yep?

Because it's arguable whether we've improved the attack at all IMO, even if we do sign Sigurdsson. Nothing to do with net spend, it's about whether we've adequately replaced Lukaku.

Defensive signings are promising and Klaassen looks a good buy, so the overall squad is better (especially given promising youth players a year further on), as are areas of the first team but the attack isn't convincing me at this stage.

it's best we agree to disagree

I did say from the start Lukaku would be sold to cover the big spends we made in June. True

I also said we wont spend much more if any than what we bring in through player sales. I stand by that

We have spent big? We've broke our record twice over and are set to do it again.

The fact that we could possibly spend £200m outright, quite easily, this summer, and still break even by getting rid of players who don't want to be here or are just plain crap, shows the job that was required in the first place...

Spend 200m? and break even? Who would we sell to break even if we spent 200m? wow

Because it's arguable whether we've improved the attack at all IMO, even if we do sign Sigurdsson. Nothing to do with net spend, it's about whether we've adequately replaced Lukaku.

Defensive signings are promising and Klaassen looks a good buy, so the overall squad is better (especially given promising youth players a year further on), as are areas of the first team but the attack isn't convincing me at this stage.

That still has F all to do with net spend... Even though we have (and are going to continue) to spend...

The answer to that question will be found on the pitch, not on a balance sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back