Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's best we agree to disagree

I did say from the start Lukaku would be sold to cover the big spends we made in June. True

I also said we wont spend much more if any than what we bring in through player sales. I stand by that
Whether you are proved right or wrong do you think at the moment we are looking at an improved squad?

Is anyone else like me not bothered about our net spend figure? Yes I'm disappointed to lose Rom and likely Barkley, but both players don't want to be here. You cannot deny the squad is so much stronger than last season. Koeman is much happier, he has thanked the board for getting the players he wants. With the anticipated sale of Ross and McCarthy, it could net the club another 50m, which would be offset by the purchase of siguardsson. Yet you will still have supporters complain that we haven't spent money, even though the squad will be undoubtedly stronger.

Last edited:
Spend 200m? and break even? Who would we sell to break even if we spent 200m? wow

Right, so as I've just explained in my previous response to you, we've raked in £93.5m so far, face value.

Add on the Rom add ons, and that's a total of £108.5m.

Let's say we do sell Barkley, and McCarthy - then that's another £50-60m there.

So, we're at £170m (ish).

Joel - we're asking for £8m - call it £178m.

Niasse, if we can get anything back on him, call it max £7m, to take it to £185m, give or take.

Then we'll spend £45m on Gylfi, plus whatever it takes to get a striker (£30m?), we're hitting £160-170m in spend on incomings.

Not unlikely that we'll go get a defender in. Allow £10m for that... We're about breaking even.

Is anyone else like me not bothered about our net spend figure? Yes I'm disappointed to lose Rom and likely Barkley, but both players don't want to be here. You cannot deny the squad is so much stronger than last season. Koeman is much happier, he has thanked the board for getting the players he wants. With the anticipated sale of Ross and McCarthy, it could net the club another 50m, which would be offset by the purchase of siguardsson. You will still have supporters complain that we haven't spent money, even though the squad will be undoubtedly stronger.

Yes mate, most of the sensible people and the non fifa playing bedwetters.

Spend 200m? and break even? Who would we sell to break even if we spent 200m? wow

Hi mate, this persona of yours is really starting to pay off hey? People are even recognising your username now, what fun?!? Still, it is quite a shame to see such effort being put into having some cringey online identity. You could definitely be using this time more wisely. It's not too late.

Sig, striker, Cuco and a CB and we can put a ribbon on this window.

Now that it's dawning on the deluded ones that we are unlikely to be highly positive in net spend "it doesn't matter about net spend"

Brilliant

Is anyone else like me not bothered about our net spend figure? Yes I'm disappointed to lose Rom and likely Barkley, but both players don't want to be here. You cannot deny the squad is so much stronger than last season. Koeman is much happier, he has thanked the board for getting the players he wants. With the anticipated sale of Ross and McCarthy, it could net the club another 50m, which would be offset by the purchase of siguardsson. You will still have supporters complain that we haven't spent money, even though the squad will be undoubtedly stronger.

and on top of that we got Sandro and Rooney for 5.2mil and sold Lukaku for 75 rising to 90mil....Net spend means nothing

So it's looking like a minus net spend. Argue otherwise?

What relevance does net spend have to anything ? Seriously ?????

We are not a selling club.

We have the funds to buy pretty much any player who's willing to join us.

We were always going to be banking some money this window if Lukaku left - but that wasn't something we were relying on. We went ahead and signed a series of target players anyway before the Lukaku situation was resolved.

There are over 6 weeks of the transfer window to go. There are certain to be more incomings and outgoings. For example if we brought in Sigurdsson, a Rom replacement, and a defender, that could be another 75 or 80m easy.

Net spend doesn't take into account the wages of all the new signings - Rooney alone must be getting at least 7.5m a year - plus the agents fees and transaction costs involved.

What matters is bringing in the right players, and that when we let players go it's for the right reasons.

Personally think net spend matters a great deal when Moshiri is being hailed a god and he's not spending his own money, just recycling the clubs money by selling our best players.

We are lucky that all these new players are only getting paid what Lukaku was getting between them. They may bet a bit more if others go.

Now that it's dawning on the deluded ones that we are unlikely to be highly positive in net spend "it doesn't matter about net spend"

Brilliant

you can't see that some players who are great can be got cheaply, and others that aren't worth it sold for extortionate amounts and you call us deluded?! lol Nice1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back