Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iheanacho and Keita Balde for £25m each.

Would turn us from a really solid team to proper top 4 contenders in an instant.

Easy this FIFA lark.

As individuals I would opt for the top option but looking at the wider picture that would leave us with a very slow starting 11

meh, as people have stated, you don't need pace really. If you have intelligent players like klaassen running from deep getting in pockets of space and siggurdsson finding them it doesn't really matter. Think we have a lot of pace in our squad looking forward in mirallas, bolasie, lookman, lennon, onyekuru and sandro, that's a plan b option, whereas our plan a would possibly be efficiency with getting a great crosser feeding a great headerer of the balls.

I'd go for the top two because they're both proven successes in the league, would compliment eachother perfectly as a two and are better individual players. I like iheanacho, it's too soon to label him as proven in this league just yet, but he's a bit similar to rom in that he needs the rest of the team to create the majority of goals for him. I'd much prefer a better all rounder like giroud and goals coming from AOTS, from midfield as a key injury hinders us a lot less then.

meh, as people have stated, you don't need pace really. If you have intelligent players like klaassen running from deep getting in pockets of space and siggurdsson finding them it doesn't really matter. Think we have a lot of pace in our squad looking forward in mirallas, bolasie, lookman, lennon, onyekuru and sandro, that's a plan b option, whereas our plan a would possibly be efficiency with getting a great crosser feeding a great headerer of the balls.

I'd go for the top two because they're both proven successes in the league, would compliment eachother perfectly as a two and are better individual players. I like iheanacho, it's too soon to label him as proven in this league just yet, but he's a bit similar to rom in that he needs the rest of the team to create the majority of goals for him. I'd much prefer a better all rounder like giroud and goals coming from AOTS, from midfield as a key injury hinders us a lot less then.

Bar Sandro the pace you have mentioned are reserve players, long term injured or on loan. I think we need a multi dimensional attack. I can recall a fair number of breakaway goals in the last couple of seasons which we are unlikely to see this season if Rom, Ross and Kev are making way for Giroud, Rooney and Iceland.

I agree with you on Klassen. If he is good enough his runs from Midfield are another option. I like Giroud but I would prefer to see a pacier players around him who he can link up with. It would be refreshing to see the ball stick up top for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back