Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a forward who has never played in the premier league, a forward who is over 30 and a forward who scored one goal last year. Oh and we lost a 26 goal scorer. I think a replacement for that position is key right now.

Weve not taken Rooney back on huge wages to be on the bench
Sandro hasn't joined us unless hes starting
DCL is a good enough 3rd choice.

We're one injury or suspension fom Jags/Williams in defence....or no left back

Weve not taken Rooney back on huge wages to be on the bench
Sandro hasn't joined us unless hes starting
DCL is a good enough 3rd choice.

We're one injury or suspension fom Jags/Williams in defence....or no left back

It's a shame Hector Moreno has gone Roma.

Seems to be over his injury troubles and refound his best form at PSV.

Inigo Martinez is another player who could fit the bill.

I'm sure Walsh/Koeman will have someone in mind.

In the meantime, there's no rush. There's around six/five and a half weeks left of the window and there's no harm in giving Connolly a go there for pre-season.

Bar Sandro the pace you have mentioned are reserve players, long term injured or on loan. I think we need a multi dimensional attack. I can recall a fair number of breakaway goals in the last couple of seasons which we are unlikely to see this season if Rom, Ross and Kev are making way for Giroud, Rooney and Iceland.

I agree with you on Klassen. If he is good enough his runs from Midfield are another option. I like Giroud but I would prefer to see a pacier players around him who he can link up with. It would be refreshing to see the ball stick up top for a change

Bolasie to come back. Lookman. Sandro. Mirallas. Lennon; all quick.

It's more important having players who actually move the ball quickly than players who are purely quick.

Look how quick we played in the last half hour yesterday.

Gueye, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Dowell - they all moved the ball so sharply and precisely. We tore Twente apart.

I know, it's a friendly, but the same applies.

People need to step away from FIFA and realise that having players with 90+ pace isn't essential to winning games.

Iheanacho and Keita Balde for £25m each.

Would turn us from a really solid team to proper top 4 contenders in an instant.

Easy this FIFA lark.
Keita Balde would be a cracking signing. Unfortunately I believe he has his eyes set on CL footy.

Would anyone have Sakho from the RS? Singlehandedly kept Palace up...
Liverpool's defense also descended into chaos once he left. I followed him while he played at PSG, and I can say without a doubt the only reason our fans hate him so much is because he played for the RS. He is far from crap.

Liverpool's defense also descended into chaos once he left. I followed him while he played at PSG, and I can say without a doubt the only reason our fans hate him so much is because he played for the RS. He is far from crap.

The rs' defence was chaos when he was there. He's a donkey. A lot of people are worried about mori because of similar traits, at least mori is only a third of the piece and actually better.

Bar Sandro the pace you have mentioned are reserve players, long term injured or on loan. I think we need a multi dimensional attack. I can recall a fair number of breakaway goals in the last couple of seasons which we are unlikely to see this season if Rom, Ross and Kev are making way for Giroud, Rooney and Iceland.

I agree with you on Klassen. If he is good enough his runs from Midfield are another option. I like Giroud but I would prefer to see a pacier players around him who he can link up with. It would be refreshing to see the ball stick up top for a change

Yeah but I'm looking past the next 6 months, giroud and Siggurdson would raise our profile and achieve us success a lot quicker than ian. In which we can attract better quality quicker. Like I said, those pacey wingers are plan b options, rather than reserve players.

Also think giroud would be better at making the ball stick. I think ian needs to be played in a two, myself. Not really a lone striker.

Can't wait to vault my Iheanacho and Lanzini shouts in abar 3 years. Then you'll all be sorry.

Edit: oh and Tammy Abraham

Edit2: actually probably at the end of this season. So there. Ner.

People are laughing at you mate because you think Iheanacho, a player widely known as costing £25m, should be signed for £40m.

Walshy?

tenor.gif

Bolasie to come back. Lookman. Sandro. Mirallas. Lennon; all quick.

It's more important having players who actually move the ball quickly than players who are purely quick.

Look how quick we played in the last half hour yesterday.

Gueye, Schneiderlin, Klaassen, Rooney, Dowell - they all moved the ball so sharply and precisely. We tore Twente apart.

I know, it's a friendly, but the same applies.

People need to step away from FIFA and realise that having players with 90+ pace isn't essential to winning games.
Pace undoubtedly is essential if you want to be successful though. Your whole team doesn't need to be rapid, but if you lack pace in attack then your options become very limited.

United have got players who move the ball quickly, but they often struggled to break teams down last year because they lacked pace. Nobody can doubt the speed of thought of players like Mata, Zlatan, Carrick and Rooney, but they were often just moving the ball round in circles as they lacked the pace to penetrate. They looked a better unit when Rashford came in up front - he's not as good technically but gave a different dimension to their play.

Any defender will tell you that the thing they fear most is real pace. A pacey outlet often means teams drop deeper, creating space in the midfield, allowing more freedom for creative players to flourish and relieving pressure on the defence. When a team knows that they're not facing pace they can push up as high as they like, congesting midfield and harrying defenders, knowing you have no chance of making them pay for it.

There's really no point in having a great target man to hold the ball up if the rest of your players aren't quick enough to get up and support him, he's basically just doing a defensive shift in that case rather than being an attacking focal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back