Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive only seen Tampax in the Euros, he was really bad, but so was Harry Kane at his age, Lanzini is a 1 in 30 player AT BEST.

City really dont wanna sell Nacho without a buyback, they know what they have there, but whoever buys him, will make a profit on the "loan".

Standing my ground on all of these, though your concession on Nacho is noted.

Re: Lanzini and Abraham, I'll revisit in 10 months.

If Robles goes you think we will only have pickford and Stek?

Or you think we will get a third one for free?

We'll use Hewelt. No keeper deemed better than Stek/Robles is going to join us knowing he'll be second choice is he. No point in having all these academy keepers and never letting them get even a sniff at 3rd place.

The Tammy Abraham I saw play for Bristol City a couple of times last season was decidedly average, confirmed by my brother who is a STH at Ashton Gate. He's good at goal hanging tap ins but little else. In light of this, it's a swerve from me.

We'll use Hewelt. No keeper deemed better than Stek/Robles is going to join us knowing he'll be second choice is he. No point in having all these academy keepers and never letting them get even a sniff at 3rd place.

very odd to have so many young keepers. I don't know why we don't just focus on a couple and build them up over a few years...unless we are doing that and failing miserably

Actually 5 players, id have one centre midfielder in as rotation along with Davies + someone better than Stek..,
So really, a centre back and two forwards as priority.

We'll have 60 odd games this season, if we have a position filled and a kid behind then were looking good.

Coleman/Kenny
Keane/Holgate
Baines/Connolly
Klaassen/Davies
Rooney/Dowell
Sandro/DCL

Lots of different pairings here we can rotate. Also Sigurdsson/Lookman if he signs.
In a seasons time we'd really benefit from these kids having so much experience.
Saves us a fortune in squad players and we can focus on buying quality and u23s.

We've got seven CMs atm Zat - not including Ross and/or Gylfi.

Even if one leaves, which isn't a given, we're well stocked in that area.

You say we need 6 new players and then also want to see the younger players get a sniff, we cant sign another 6 players AND give younger players a chance Zat, its not possible to do both.

Which is why players like Jags, Barry, Mirallas and Besic should be retained.

Besic doesnt have any injury concerns, its been 12months since he was last injured.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

200w.gif

very odd to have so many young keepers. I don't know why we don't just focus on a couple and build them up over a few years...unless we are doing that and failing miserably

Buy the promising one's, keep the best. Obviously most haven't been good enough but it's not a position like outfield. You can tell by 18-20 if an outfielder will make it but keepers need longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back