Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got seven CMs atm Zat - not including Ross and/or Gylfi.

Even if one leaves, which isn't a given, we're well stocked in that area.

Ross isn't going to be here and plays attacking left...Gylfi I think will be in an attacking slot...

Weve got 4 centre mids + 2 inury prone + an old man.

Ross isn't going to be here and plays attacking left...Gylfi I think will be in an attacking slot...

Weve got 4 centre mids + 2 inury prone + an old man.

That old man will still play. And still be very good for us.

McCarthy can get over his injury troubles, as can Besic. It's not an area we need to target in the slightest.

That's a good tactic mate, you can just say that every single year and you'll never be able to be proven wrong then.

Tbf, considering we're talking about how young players will do/how players will be seen in the future, and our predictions on that subject, I'm not exactly sure what else you suggest we do...

The Tammy Abraham I saw play for Bristol City a couple of times last season was decidedly average, confirmed by my brother who is a STH at Ashton Gate. He's good at goal hanging tap ins but little else. In light of this, it's a swerve from me.

We're not actually in for Abraham, he's gone to Swansea on loan, I just mentioned him as a shout for the future. Soz for the derail.

A lot of nonsense being talked in here today. You can't overhaul a squad in one window. You get the most important areas first and work on the rest in January and next summer. Too much change isn't a good thing.
Tbf they've already had a crack at it, the turnover is massive in comparison to previous years and save for cuco most players coming in have been hailed by both press and supporters.
We are moving forward at a rate of knots but there has to be a balance and not in net spend but in terms of player bond, knowledge, trust and dependence on each other.
The big shift has been made in the young market already to give those players time to bed in anyone else now coming in will be older pros with big league experience I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back