Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't imagine welbeck is what koeman had in mind when he told walsh to find him a big strong no.9 who can hold the ball up

His hold up play is actually pretty decent and he comes with the added bonus of also having a bit of pace to run in behind. If he were to start for us next week he would instantly improve us. The downside is he is not a 'natural' goal scorer and his injury record. I think we need to accept we are not going to get a like for like replacement for Rom and whomever we sign there will be a compromise somewhere.

His hold up play is actually pretty decent and he comes with the added bonus of also having a bit of pace to run in behind. If he were to start for us next week he would instantly improve us. The downside is he is not a 'natural' goal scorer and his injury record. I think we need to accept we are not going to get a like for like replacement for Rom and whomever we sign there will be a compromise somewhere.

I always remember him for being played as a left winger for utd under ferguson, so I just assumed he couldn't play as a lone striker in a system like koeman's.

It sure does look like a massive compromise is incoming unfortunately

Can't imagine welbeck is what koeman had in mind when he told walsh to find him a big strong no.9 who can hold the ball up

Welbeck would be a very good signing imo, has just what we need in that he's decent at holding the ball up, scores goals and has a bit off pace go him.

Don't really see who we stand a chance of getting who'd be better. Palace aren't gonna sell Benteke this window.

at this point in the window we aren't even going to get benteke without spending 40+ million honestly. nobody will sell their big striker for cheap so late. worst case scenario, welbeck will do for now i suppose but we should have prioritised this earlier so we could get someone better.

Welbeck would be a very good signing imo, has just what we need in that he's decent at holding the ball up, scores goals and has a bit off pace go him.

Don't really see who we stand a chance of getting who'd be better. Palace aren't gonna sell Benteke this window.
Agreed.
I don't see Welbeck "lowering himself" to join us though.

Welbeck and Kalinic seem to be the current clickbait belles of the ball.

I can see there being something of sorts in the Kalinic links. Since Walsh as come to the club we've been linked to him in every window!...

I wouldn't be against it, since leaving Blackburn he's come on in leaps and bounds and is a really good CF. He had a good spell at Dnipro under Juande Ramos and has been equally as good at Fiorentina but he's also done the business for the national team aswell. He's not the biggest of CF's in stature but he's 6ft plus and as good feet and link play and he can finish. For just over £20m he could be a good buy imo.

Welbeck isn't happening. A fit Welbeck tends to get game time at Arsenal and is currently keeping what was our No.1 target, Giroud, out of the team!....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back