Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I think the best we can do is invest heavily in the academy and buy the cliche "best of the rest players" hopefully (and with luck) then we progress.

Should we get champions league we would then struggle to sign the players capable of progressing us further or even consolidate that position as they want a team who get in it every season/challenge for titles, champions league doesn't magically make a flood of top players want to sign for you.

We don't have the name like United and Arsenal do or the uber wealth like Chelsea and City so we can't attract high calibre players, we have to try to develop them and keep them around for long enough to actually achieve something.

I think he has the touch of an angel to be fair to him, but based on his Blackburn days I don't see how he would be a striker that's gonna push us past 7th. Tho to be fair that was a long while ago

Yeah a fair few years ago and supposedly he done well at Dinipro and has been solid at Fiorentina. I've only seen him about 3 times in the last 7 years so can only base my crap opinion on 2 YouTube videos I watched this morning lol

Unfortunately no one decent wants to come to us, Rome wasn't built in a day. We just need to improve on every season

We are a rung or 2 above most in the Premier League, playing in Europe with a billionaire owner

Surely Everton, we are capable of doing business?

We are a rung or 2 above most in the Premier League, playing in Europe with a billionaire owner

True, we absolutely are but not for the Martials, Peresic's and Lacazettes people are/were calling for. If we poach some of the better players from the other clubs and maybe sign a few cast offs mixed in with talent we have nurtured, this seems like the only way to get up the league

Reactions: dav

Strikers are tough. No one wants to part with the good ones. I would be okay with a Kalinic/Welbeck type but would like us to get a 2nd Keane type cb. Just build a rock solid center with Pickford, Keane, another solid cb, Morgan and Gana.

Honestly I think the best we can do is invest heavily in the academy and buy the cliche "best of the rest players" hopefully (and with luck) then we progress.

Should we get champions league we would then struggle to sign the players capable of progressing us further or even consolidate that position as they want a team who get in it every season/challenge for titles, champions league doesn't magically make a flood of top players want to sign for you.

We don't have the name like United and Arsenal do or the uber wealth like Chelsea and City so we can't attract high calibre players, we have to try to develop them and keep them around for long enough to actually achieve something.

No I think the problem is too many people on this board accept mediocrity. If there was more angry posts then maybe things would change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back