Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has the touch of an angel to be fair to him, but based on his Blackburn days I don't see how he would be a striker that's gonna push us past 7th. Tho to be fair that was a long while ago

So your judging him based on his time at a poor Blackburn side managed by Allardyce when he was a proper long ball merchant of a manager back then, 8-9 years ago when he was 20?

He's 28-29 now and is a much improved player! Went to Dnipro and did well, now at Fiorentina and doing well and done well for Croatia aswell. He must be doing something right if the newly rich, new look Milan want him!

I wonder why the Willian Jose rumours have died of a sudden death? In the second part of last season we were heavily linked and it seemed Walsh had had him watched a lot and he was the striker he was pushing Koeman to get and that he was in constant dialogue with Sociedad with regards a deal.

I wonder if this will run along quietly under the radar and rear its head in the coming weeks? There doesn't seem to be a great abundance of options target man wise for us to go for. Giroud is out of bounds now, Benteke the same possibly, Welbeck I can't see there being anything in it, Kalinic possibly off to Milan. After that, who is their realistically we could go for and possibly get?.....

So your judging him based on his time at a poor Blackburn side managed by Allardyce when he was a proper long ball merchant of a manager back then, 8-9 years ago when he was 20?

He's 28-29 now and is a much improved player! Went to Dnipro and did well, now at Fiorentina and doing well and done well for Croatia aswell. He must be doing something right if the newly rich, new look Milan want him!
The same rovers side that had Steven N'Zonzi in it who looked like a yard dog. He is now one of the best midfielders in Europe in his position. Saying all that I still don't want Kalinic

I wonder why the Willian Jose rumours have died of a sudden death? In the second part of last season we were heavily linked and it seemed Walsh had had him watched a lot and he was the striker he was pushing Koeman to get and that he was in constant dialogue with Sociedad with regards a deal.

I wonder if this will run along quietly under the radar and rear its head in the coming weeks? There doesn't seem to be a great abundance of options target man wise for us to go for. Giroud is out of bounds now, Benteke the same possibly, Welbeck I can't see there being anything in it, Kalinic possibly off to Milan. After that, who is their realistically we could go for and possibly get?.....

Chris Wood.

Seriously I'm struggling to think of anyone.

This is getting desperate. Obviously it always sounds exciting to sign new players but that excitement can soon evaporate when we find our our new signings are crap.
So far we seem to have signed players without necessarily having a team plan as to how they will gell together.

Rooney, Pickford, Keane wil start every game. Klaassen and Sandro might need some getting used to the league. I think our recruitment has been of a good standard.

dzeko or mandzukic maybe? either would be great signings for the next 2-3 years, not sure how realistic they would be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back