Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying my best not to judge any potential signing till they play for us. Kalinic has been good in Italy, could be brilliant here, could be crap here. Won't know till we see him. Not my money so will just back what the club wants. I can just loan him out on FIFA if he's crap.

I think there'll be a lesson learnt at the end of this window, and a lot of unhappy fans.

Don't sell your top scorer and arguably best player, or don't promise them you'll let them leave, until you are sure you can get quality in to replace them.

Rom OUT, Sandro/Rooney/Underwhelming other IN could end up being the business striker-wise and I'll not be happy.
Lukaku our best player? The guy cant even play football. He did score a few goals against West ham, Sunderland and Bournemouth. That doesnt make you a good footballer. Most of the time he was useless, in a mediocre team. Perhaps Manchester United will make him look better, but against better opposition he will be his old self.

The idea of a man who used to be employed to stand outside training grounds, waiting for someone to drive past so he could report it, having an extensive list of European contacts just doesn't ring true to me for some reason.

Certainly their route into professional sports Is very queer indeed. Also one may say the same about their transfer system which I believe is run by the MLS itself.

I'm quietly confident that rugby with manicure/pedicure breaks and pads + rounders and netball for tall man and fake hockey are very exciting sports for Americans and they can build great facilities for these local sports but when you have Lalas and Donovan as figureheads over there it's not really a discussion let alone an argument is it?

As for transfers, we have all these right back options and lots of left attacking options so it will be interesting to sign another one in Sigurdsson as well as hopefully make a move on a top centre back.

The strange thing is that all seems to have stopped when we went for Sigurdsson, almost as if we are waiting on sales or something....I wonder why we haven't signed anyone apart from former Southampton 3rd choice full back and free agent Cuco Martina during this time.

Somehow I doubt we can do well in the next few games....

So...because the us soccer figureheads are Donovan and Lalas, the US has a poor youth system? You realize those local sports teams are worth more than literally every English sports club besides Man U? Think MAYBE those local chaps know something about running teams and leagues, so I might slow my roll on bagging on the MLS.

But yes, back to transfers, I think they were pushing Giroud to make a decision as well as pushing the Sigurdsson deal. There have been plenty of CB rumors, which leads me to believe that's a deal that can be done independently. It's frustrating, but it makes sense. My guess is that when Giroud kind of let his stance be known, they started looking at more options like Kalinic. Honestly, if sales change how big they can go on some of the other positions, it's probably worth waiting. Hate saying that though.

That being said, I'm not going to be upset if Barry, Niasse, McCarthy, or Robles walk out e door any time soon.

Lukaku our best player? The guy cant even play football. He did score a few goals against West ham, Sunderland and Bournemouth. That doesnt make you a good footballer. Most of the time he was useless, in a mediocre team. Perhaps Manchester United will make him look better, but against better opposition he will be his old self.
*Awaits £90m bid for Ashley Williams

I did say arguably.

But your particular argument wasn't very good

Come on, man.

Not seen much of Kalinic in years but he was badly gash at Blackburn, but then again nzonzi was crap last time he was in the prem and he absolutely dominated us the other week playing for Sevilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back