Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku our best player? The guy cant even play football. He did score a few goals against West ham, Sunderland and Bournemouth. That doesnt make you a good footballer. Most of the time he was useless, in a mediocre team. Perhaps Manchester United will make him look better, but against better opposition he will be his old self.
Lukaku was our best player last season. By some distance.

Now now, Zat. Everyone knows your close ties with SE Asia.

I'm nowhere near Cambodia or Thailand.

You're basically saying a person in UK can be in Dubai or Russia.

Total lack of general or geographical knowledge.

Basically the same as saying Cuco or Kalinic are acceptable signings...or that Baines is still a top player

Kalinic to replace Lukaku. Jesus.

I thought we wanted to compete with everyone? Looks like we're just out to be a run-of-the-mill mid table team.
Yeah, no.

Who's spent what so far:

Manchester City - £218m

Manchester United - £145.8m

Chelsea - £130.4m

Everton - £94.9m

Leicester - £55.4m

Arsenal - £52.7m

Watford £50m (inc Andre Gray)

Liverpool - £47.9m

West Ham - £42.7

Huddersfield - £35.4m

Newcastle - £31.2m

Bournemouth - £30m

Brighton - £26.1m

West Brom - £19.8m

Southampton - £18.5m

Burnley - £15.8m

Swansea - £11.5m

Crystal Palace - £7.9m

Stoke - Nil

Tottenham - Nil

Yeah, no.

Who's spent what so far:

Manchester City - £218m

Manchester United - £145.8m

Chelsea - £130.4m

Everton - £94.9m

Leicester - £55.4m

Arsenal - £52.7m

Watford £50m (inc Andre Gray)

Liverpool - £47.9m

West Ham - £42.7

Huddersfield - £35.4m

Newcastle - £31.2m

Bournemouth - £30m

Brighton - £26.1m

West Brom - £19.8m

Southampton - £18.5m

Burnley - £15.8m

Swansea - £11.5m

Crystal Palace - £7.9m

Stoke - Nil

Tottenham - Nil

if we sold our entire squad for X amount and then replaced it with players of X amount would you see that as investment on a base level?

I think most would like us to make an investment over the Y amount we have (and will) bring in e.g Y+ 100mil.

if we sold our entire squad for X amount and then replaced it with players of X amount would you see that as investment on a base level?

I think most would like us to make an investment over the Y amount we have (and will) bring in e.g Y+ 100mil.
If the squad is superior, then yes.

Selling the lead goalscorer to improve desparately thin areas of the squad eg. GK/CB/FW/CM then absolutely.
Besides, we're not done yet. Additional CB/AM/ST = Y spend

Again I feel another rant emerging .....

What matters - and the only thing that matters - is that at the end of the transfer window does our manager have the team he wants. Net spend, y+100 million, my aunts genitalia, all have nothing to add ..... even if we end up in a positive net spend, what does it matter if our manager has the team he wants? People make this far too complicated.

I'm nowhere near Cambodia or Thailand.

You're basically saying a person in UK can be in Dubai or Russia.

Total lack of general or geographical knowledge.

Basically the same as saying Cuco or Kalinic are acceptable signings...or that Baines is still a top player

What is your beef with our older full backs? Baines is bloody ace.

If the squad is superior, then yes.

Selling the lead goalscorer to improve desparately thin areas of the squad eg. GK/CB/FW/CM then absolutely.
Besides, we're not done yet. Additional CB/AM/ST = Y spend

Again I feel another rant emerging .....

What matters - and the only thing that matters - is that at the end of the transfer window does our manager have the team he wants. Net spend, y+100 million, my aunts genitalia, all have nothing to add ..... even if we end up in a positive net spend, what does it matter if our manager has the team he wants? People make this far too complicated.

Lads, that's not investment o a base level is it...

Hence the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back