Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think by now it is obvious that funds are being held back for the new stadium aka spurs. Any incomes will be funded by outgoings hence the sigurdsson fiasco.

Expecting loan deals at best now barkley is injured which I suspect was always part funding the siggy move anyway.

I doubt very much that RK will be ok with this and it will eventually filter throughout the team and supporters this season.

I was very positive this summer but have to admit that my positivity has slowly eroded away this past 6 weeks. At present we are woefully short up top and without proper investment then i am concerned that the same problems will re surface this season especially having Europe to cope with and our main goalscorer gone.

Hope I'm proved wrong as I truly had thought the club had changed. In some areas it has but we're it really matters it would appear normality has resumed.

We have improved our back line but that is only part of the story completed. I shudder to think what happens if/when rooney and Sandro get injured/banned.

No thanks for welbeck or klasanic, no where near good enough to be a rom replacement.

good post ...

I've seen that posted in here and largely ignored it haha

If anything it seems to me a little kopitish to label anyone who isn't 100% excited and positive of everything. Personally I am looking forward to seeing the new players gel and improve here, nice to have so many new players to watch all at once, an Everton Christmas especially when a certain other team are having a nightmare time of it.

I would have said it 12 months ago if I was here , same as I will suggest it now. Why can't questions be asked of how the club is running and failing to sign players above the 0 net spend idea. Koeman said it himself dismissively, we have only spent 7 million really, hardly doing a man city and throwing money about. I am not asking for that neither, just to show a little ambition for one summer and spend the money we won't have once spades are in the ground. Siggurdson for example coming in now is not going to be ready for a few weeks and considering who we play it is a missed opportunity not to have him here training a week ago ready to take up that key position on the pitch. If we play against city and United the way we played in all of our real games so far we will struggle, whereas a result or two could really define our season. If we are waiting for deadline day then honestly, what's the difference between us and any other mid table team?

Great post nailed it ....

What's this fascination with filling the team with u 23s
Is there bonus points on FIFA or something
I just don't get it
Even Fergies class of 92 had a strong spine of experienced tough players

Don't get me wrong, it's not about age, I'll be just as happy to see us stack the team with similar talent regardless they are 18 or 28.

It's very difficult to defend against any team which posses work rate, flair, creativity and dribbling ability. You simply can't defend against side with such talent across the entire pitch at all times. Call me a dreamer, but that's what I want to see us achieve in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back