Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

we need stop playing so many defenders with 2 full on defensive mids, home and away.

We need a player who can pick a forward pass fron a deeper position and fizz it between the lines, in the past I thought Schneiderlin could do that but it seems hes not doing it near as much as he use to which leaves us basically just square balling it back and forth across the pitch all game.

A player who sits next to Schneiderlin but can bring the ball forward and play football would be nice, Similar to Dembele.

..I think a lot of the pedestrian football is that there's often nobody to hit. First half Saturday Sandro was the focal point being marked by 2 towering CBs. It was pointless knocking it into him because the ball kept coming back. It's system and tempo that's wrong.

"One or two footballing fans may recall the name of former Blackburn Rovers player Nikola Kalinic, who went on to eventually to don the purple of the viola jerysey at Fiorentina. Back in 2009, Kalinic scored 33 goals in 59 matches, before embarking on a £5million switch to the Premierleague.

Some of their other famous players include Lazio defender Ivan Strinic, Slaven Billic, currently managing the Hammers as well as Ex-Evertonian player, Nicola Jelavic."
----
From the Echo

Last time I checked his name wasn't Nicola. It's Nikica. Am I mistaken or is this another case of the Red Echo?

I can see that, but what I cant see is letting both Barry and McCarthy go without a centre mid lined up.

Right now we have 6 that can play that position, too many. Besic is on the fringe, so at the very least we have 5 players for a spot we only need 4 at.

3 centre mids in the team...

Klaassen
Schneiderlin
Gana
Davies
McCarthy
Besic

Ideally we should move on Besic + McCarthy due to their injuries and bring in Dendoncker. Then we have 5 for 3 central roles.

..I think a lot of the pedestrian football is that there's often nobody to hit. First half Saturday Sandro was the focal point being marked by 2 towering CBs. It was pointless knocking it into him because the ball kept coming back. It's system and tempo that's wrong.

This is a good point. We do have some limited footballers at the back and at CM but I think the lack of forward options to pass it to is not helping

we need stop playing so many defenders with 2 full on defensive mids, home and away.

We need a player who can pick a forward pass fron a deeper position and fizz it between the lines, in the past I thought Schneiderlin could do that but it seems hes not doing it near as much as he use to which leaves us basically just square balling it back and forth across the pitch all game.

A player who sits next to Schneiderlin but can bring the ball forward and play football would be nice, Similar to Dembele.

R Barkley esq

3 centre mids in the team...

Klaassen
Schneiderlin
Gana
Davies
McCarthy
Besic

Ideally we should move on Besic + McCarthy due to their injuries and bring in Dendoncker. Then we have 5 for 3 central roles.

This is ideal. I agree on this move.

Exactly. As much as I like siguardsson, our forward play would be better served with a centre forward to be the focus of our attack at the present time, as opposed to another attacking midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back