Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about we sack off the elite striker search and spend a smaller fee on someone like austin or okaka (someone that could just about do a job for this season), then use the money we would have wasted on a mediocre striker to buy a world class winger such as mahrez. This season when he looked like he wants to play he has been quality and ony 1 season ago he was the best player in the league. Has said he wants out and would a great addition to a position we dont have that much quality in

Our 40 million net spend is really bothering you isnt it? Its hard when you've been badly proven wrong isn it? Leaves one having to to make up new issues.
The £40M net spend is actually about £28M...and that will come down to below £20M by the window's end...which was my prediction: a net spend of between a million and £20M - in other words just another recent summer transfer window and no clear break with the Everton financial model of, essentially, sell to buy.

Sorry mate, did you state that we couldn't shift the players OFM bought for decent sell on fees? Only five have been sold:

Cleverley - paid nothing received £8M
Deulofeu - paid £4M received £10M
Lukaku - paid £27M received £75M
...McGeady and Kone are the only one's we took a loss on and that was just 6 million quid.

Have you noticed that there was a massive inflation in terms of transfe fees in the 1/2 years?

I asked you how much do you think £6m in 2013 is worth now. £13m in 2013 for McCarthy how much do you think that fee is worth now? You ignore and won't answer.

But we did buy them!
If we waited, they may have gone elsewhere and maybe for more money. Pickford certainly.
We needed to bargain with their clubs. We didn't and played a poor hand. Now we are short of real financial firepower to get a top striker in.

That's where overspending gets you.

Who wants him though? His own manager doesn't. What elite club will come in for Benteke?

Buyer's market on him.

"He's happy here and we really want him to stay," said the Eagles boss. "He made a great impact last season, especially in the second half of the season, and he is crucial to us and we don't want to sell him."

LOL

Wouldn't that be just accepting mediocrity though Dave ? Not for me I still want us to win things.
We have to accept that because we dont have owners who will invest in the squad. We have to, therefore, spend our fees received for players sold wisely.

They've barely played a couple of games and you add another £10M onto the fees?

Maybe they will appreciate in value. But that doesn't detract from the point that they were bought for more cash than our peers would have bought them for...and the financial elite weren't in the market for those two.

These transfers happened pre-Neymar, Barcelona are now offering £138m to Liverpool for a fringe world class player. You're wasting your time worrying about values now and fretting over a few million here and there. Game has gone truly insane.

The £40M net spend is actually about £28M...and that will come down to below £20M by the window's end...which was my prediction: a net spend of between a million and £20M - in other words just another recent summer transfer window and no clear break with the Everton financial model of, essentially, sell to buy.

Klaassen 24m
Pickford 30m
Keane 30m
Sandro 5.2m
Henry 7m
Rooney 10m
Bowler 2m
Gibson 6m
Iceland 42m

156.2m

Geri 10.5m
Lukaku 100m
The Clev 8m
Gaz de Baz 1m

119.5m

NITSPUND £36.7m

Have you noticed that there was a massive inflation in terms of transfe fees in the 1/2 years?

I asked you how much do you think £6m in 2013 is worth now. £13m in 2013 for McCarthy how much do you think that fee is worth now? You ignore and won't answer.
I'll accept that there's been the massive inflation that you suggest if you can also prove that our non-financial elite PL peer clubs have also paid a number of record breaking fees in the £30M-£45M bracket in the last one to two years......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back