Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget about the elite financial club transactions mate. Focus on what our peers are forking out...it isn't anywhere near the £30M-£45M bracket we've been getting had off for.
But we have no peers in English football Dave

We are a bit outside the top six and well ahead of the other 13 teams for the time being anyway.

We are in a league of our own , as are you I might add

Are we supposed to not take stock and compare what has been spent with performances so far or what other clubs are pulling in for less?

Ok.
No, we're not supposed to do anything. This is just a fan's forum. Could you tell me one positive thing that you feel has happened this summer? Doesn't have to be Everton-related, if that helps.

Forget about the elite financial club transactions mate. Focus on what our peers are forking out...it isn't anywhere near the £30M-£45M bracket we've been getting had off for.
But you said we needed to have a big net spend to get CL
We are outspending the teams below us to keep them there and get nearer the teamsa above us.
You can't complain about poor net spend and then disagree with big fees to get the calibrate of player we need

I see Everton as a non-financial elite club...because we are.

We should be paying the £18M-£25M fees that other non-elite PL clubs are paying, not being mugged for our Lukaku + Deulofeu + Cleverely + soon-to-be Barkley cash windfall.
And we will stay in mid table mediocrity with that approach.

I see Everton as a non-financial elite club...because we are.

We should be paying the £18M-£25M fees that other non-elite PL clubs are paying, not being mugged for our Lukaku + Deulofeu + Cleverely + soon-to-be Barkley cash windfall.
So on that basis we shouldn't have bought Lukaku 3 years ago, and wouldn't have said windfall to spend now anyway.lol

I'm not saying we haven't bought decent talent. Keane and Sandro look likely to be bargains eventually. Pickford maybe in a few years time. Sigurdsson was a pure mugging. No question about it. 28 years old and no sell on value. Criminal irresponsibility with scarce financial resources.

Leicester offered £40m for Sigurdsson, I'll agree with no sell on value for him, but in Koeman's defence he did say he wanted players at their peak, 27 / 28 and that's what Sigurdsson is at his peak and that age. If you want sell on value, well there's Cuco free transfer would be sold as a profit, Sandro £5.8m easily sold on as a profit, Keane /Pickford / Klassen could all be sold on as a profit because all are young and imo top players.

he's saying we are buying the same players that mid level clubs would be and paying double the price for them. which isn't far from the truth.
Keane, Pickford,Sigurdsson and Rooney are mid level club players? And Ramirez was 5m and Rooney was free. He is cherry picking who he talks about to suit his argument. Klaasen is the only one I am not yet convinced has what it takes.

They've barely played a couple of games and you add another £10M onto the fees?

Maybe they will appreciate in value. But that doesn't detract from the point that they were bought for more cash than our peers would have bought them for...and the financial elite weren't in the market for those two.

United wanted Keane mate, so your wrong

I'm not saying we haven't bought decent talent. Keane and Sandro look likely to be bargains eventually. Pickford maybe in a few years time. Sigurdsson was a pure mugging. No question about it. 28 years old and no sell on value. Criminal irresponsibility with scarce financial resources.

And yet you're advocating giving Palace their money back on Benteke, a striker who's even more frustrating on an off day than Lukaku when we should be buying a younger pacier striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back