Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying we haven't bought decent talent. Keane and Sandro look likely to be bargains eventually. Pickford maybe in a few years time. Sigurdsson was a pure mugging. No question about it. 28 years old and no sell on value. Criminal irresponsibility with scarce financial resources.

He is 27 mate unless it's already the end of September.

He is 27 mate unless it's already the end of September.
Was it criminal for LCFC?

Look, the market is what it is. Did we pay a slight premium to get our work done earlier? Maybe. But we wouldn't be where we are now without those guys. And this idea that we paid too much for Keane is just ridiculous. His price is right in line with similar defenders.

But this idea that we SHOULDN'T pay those prices, yet we did, doesn't that imply someone IS making significant investment? I would've thought paying 80M of debt off would've indicated as such, but someone is clearly never going to give Mosh credit for that.

But we have no peers in English football Dave

We are a bit outside the top six and well ahead of the other 13 teams for the time being anyway.

We are in a league of our own , as are you I might add
Ok, that IS a fair point to make, I concede.

However, we have this summer erred toward the elite spending end of the spectrum on player fees. I think that's also fair to say.

We should never have got on a treadmill where paying £30M/£30M+ becomes our new "norm".

.....Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heur is reporting Everton interest in Sampdoria's Dennis Praet. I remember we've been linked with him in the past.
Think he was a favourite of @Zatara last summer window IIRC. Why do we seem to only be getting linked with attacking midfielders? Its strikers and CBs we want.

.....Belgian newspaper La Derniere Heur is reporting Everton interest in Sampdoria's Dennis Praet. I remember we've been linked with him in the past.

We won't be mate, Newcastle are apparently sniffing around him, so logic would suggest it's the agent/club leaking us as being interested to drive price and wages up etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back