Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought Lukaku and no one else much besides. That's because, as now, back then we sell to buy + a few million on top.

There is about as much ambition now as there was then.
That doesn't answer the point I was making Dave. In fact, it's just one of your anti club statements that has no relevance to my post whatsoever.

Let me remind you should you want to have another go. You said that the club should stay within it's peer group and only pay upto £20/25m on players and spend the profits made on Lukaku wisely. I replied that if we followed those guidelines, we couldn't have bought Lukaku 3 years ago, so wouldn't have the profits to spend on players this window.

Sell on value would be that much more for them if we'd paid - in total - £30M less on those deals.
We needed players for the European games and couldn't wait. We may never have been able to reach agreement al lower prices.
Club is in a hurry to assemble a squad. V difficult to get the numbers in that we have done this year. Bold decisions early on have ensured targets were brought in.
Other clubs still struggling to do business.

The market has inflated since we signed them and it is to our credit that we moved so quickly. I suspect both players were on the lists of elite clubs... possibly not at the top but certainly under consideration and we took them off the market. Keane looked over priced at £30 a few weeks ago but now the same money gets you Jonny Evans!
No it hasn't. How has it for the clubs outside the financial elite?

Something I think ppl miss with sigurdsson is that he's a player devoid of pace and not reliant on quickness. He'll have a longer peak than other players if he's injury free

Yeah truely awful! ONly finds a 70 yard bullet 9 in every 10 attempts is the most assured keeper ive seen in an everton kit for many mnay years

That's not impressive. Are we to expect a regular skying of a ball from his 18 yard box that goes 5 yards further downfield a couple of times every game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back