Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've barely played a couple of games and you add another £10M onto the fees?

Maybe they will appreciate in value. But that doesn't detract from the point that they were bought for more cash than our peers would have bought them for...and the financial elite weren't in the market for those two.

The market has inflated since we signed them and it is to our credit that we moved so quickly. I suspect both players were on the lists of elite clubs... possibly not at the top but certainly under consideration and we took them off the market. Keane looked over priced at £30 a few weeks ago but now the same money gets you Jonny Evans!

And we will stay in mid table mediocrity with that approach.
We still have that approach by paying large amounts of cash for relatively few players who are non-elite in quality.

Look at us now - spent £140M and still nowhere near adequate for a top 4 tilt.

Keane, Sandro, Rooney's arrival.

Not Pickford? Looks the real deal to me. Similar price to what we got for Rooney ironically. Which also shows, in hindsight, the bargain United got, but also the price we got all them years ago.

If Pickford sticks around for 5 to 8 years, reckon most will be happy.

So on that basis we shouldn't have bought Lukaku 3 years ago, and wouldn't have said windfall to spend now anyway.lol
We bought Lukaku and no one else much besides. That's because, as now, back then we sell to buy + a few million on top.

There is about as much ambition now as there was then.

Was it criminal for LCFC?

Look, the market is what it is. Did we pay a slight premium to get our work done earlier? Maybe. But we wouldn't be where we are now without those guys. And this idea that we paid too much for Keane is just ridiculous. His price is right in line with similar defenders.

But this idea that we SHOULDN'T pay those prices, yet we did, doesn't that imply someone IS making significant investment? I would've thought paying 80M of debt off would've indicated as such, but someone is clearly never going to give Mosh credit for that.
I actually believe if we were doing the Keane/Pickford business now, we'd be paying more than we did 6 weeks ago. The market's gone even crazier.

Not Pickford? Looks the real deal to me. Similar price to what we got for Rooney ironically. Which also shows, in hindsight, the bargain United got, but also the price we got all them years ago.

If Pickford sticks around for 5 to 8 years, reckon most will be happy.
Difficult to tell mate. Done ok so far, but it's early days.

On a side note: I think his kicking is shocking at times.

Leicester offered £40m for Sigurdsson, I'll agree with no sell on value for him, but in Koeman's defence he did say he wanted players at their peak, 27 / 28 and that's what Sigurdsson is at his peak and that age. If you want sell on value, well there's Cuco free transfer would be sold as a profit, Sandro £5.8m easily sold on as a profit, Keane /Pickford / Klassen could all be sold on as a profit because all are young and imo top players.
Sell on value would be that much more for them if we'd paid - in total - £30M less on those deals.

Difficult to tell mate. Done ok so far, but it's early days.

On a side note: I think his kicking is shocking at times.

Yeah truely awful! ONly finds a 70 yard bullet 9 in every 10 attempts is the most assured keeper ive seen in an everton kit for many mnay years

And yet you're advocating giving Palace their money back on Benteke, a striker who's even more frustrating on an off day than Lukaku when we should be buying a younger pacier striker
Bit of a difference to wanting to buy a player that age for £27M-£30M and one for £45M isn't there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back