Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50 with a £60m buy-out clause if Athletico bid. £75m if anyone else bids... something that would make it slightly possible
Lukaku's outbursts on int duty and all that were annoying and disrespectful - Costa would take that to a whole new level. If we could get him on loan for 6 month or a year with the understanding that it's a chance to get into the Spain squad before a move to Athletico then great but i think there's just too many parties involved for this to happen.
Chelsea would need to be happy to loan him to a premierleague club (not unreasonable given they loaned us Lukaku), Costa would want assurances he will get his move back to Spain at the end of any loan and be happy to come to us and i'd assume Athletico would need to agree a fee with Chelsea in principle beforehand. Far too many hurdles but you never know.

Lukaku's outbursts on int duty and all that were annoying and disrespectful - Costa would take that to a whole new level. If we could get him on loan for 6 month or a year with the understanding that it's a chance to get into the Spain squad before a move to Athletico then great but i think there's just too many parties involved for this to happen.
Chelsea would need to be happy to loan him to a premierleague club (not unreasonable given they loaned us Lukaku), Costa would want assurances he will get his move back to Spain at the end of any loan and be happy to come to us and i'd assume Athletico would need to agree a fee with Chelsea in principle beforehand. Far too many hurdles but you never know.
And we'd need to be happy that he wouldnt have fights with random Everton staff

At least we are only looking for 2 players this deadline day.

The lead-up to last year's TDD was horrendous.

There was still talk the night before and even that morning that we might be getting as many as 5 new signings in.

Crucial we get the two in though. Slimani and Vermaelen I reckon.

i'll take those 2!

To be honest I can't see why Chelsea would be against it. He can't play against them but he will strengthen what they probably consider a decent team and help to take points from their rivals. they probably feel their squad needs a few more so why not let what they know is an effective striker go to a team that won't be challenging them for the league but will be good enough to take points off other top teams. They should be jumping through hoops to make this happen given they don't seem to be strengthing themselves like they need to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back