Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing money at Vardy screams of desperation, for both us and Chelsea, I'd honestly rather just let DCL develop while we wait for the right target.

Vardy is not quite the big holding striker I think we need, but he has enough about him to worry defenders and pull them around to the benefit of people like Rooney and Gylfi.

Also... pace and movement, as I said in the Martina thread; tactically we look very sluggish.

Ticks Koeman's hard-working box and can finish, but I just can't see him turning down Arsenal, then Chelsea (apparently) to eventually come to us?

...I just look at the way we're set up and think he could add a lot. Not sure if Walsh is close to the lad but perhaps a few discreet enquiries have been made. Bolasie, Coleman and Vardy change the dimension of the team and give opposition something to worry about. £40m for 3 good seasons is probably what we'd be paying for.

We'll find out over the next few days.

Think Walsh did recruit to him and they are apprently close.

A few other people have suggested theirs nothing in the rumours - Alan Myers being one, so guess it's a case of waiting and seeing.

the only names so far who I'd want that have been linked in any form - would be Dzeko - zero chance, Giroud - faint hope he changes his mind, Costa - God Knows but if on a permanent deal or season loan that would be an absolute game changer, and Vardy - different to the others but top class.

Vardy is not quite the big holding striker I think we need, but he has enough about him to worry defenders and pull them around to the benefit of people like Rooney and Gylfi.

Also... pace and movement, as I said in the Martina thread; tactically we look very sluggish.

Ticks Koeman's hard-working box, but I just can't see him turning down Arsenal, then Chelsea (apparently) to eventually come to us?

Maybe his dad prefers our style of play.

Ticks Koeman's hard-working box and can finish, but I just can't see him turning down Arsenal, then Chelsea (apparently) to eventually come to us?

At Arsenal he would have been in a rotation role - and could easily have ended up facing what happened with Perez there, at Chelsea he'd be behind Moratta for them, at us he would start - world cup year so would make a difference to any choice i would imagine

Vardy is exactly what we need , for the amount quoted I'm not so sure though because of his age . But if we do sign him for 40m and he goes on to score the winner in the Europa League final no one will be complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back