Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point. If we have identified the striker we want, why have we left it till the last 4 days of the window to make an approach? We have known since march (when Rom turned down his contract) we needed another centre forward, yet haven't brought one in. Instead of focusing all our time and energy on securing siguardsson (who I'm delighted with) maybe we should have prioritised our striker position.

If you rewind 12 months we were after a striker then as well and that was our business leaving it late in the window. To be honest this new set ups last minute dealings were Valencia and sissoko, does make you worry we will see a repeat of that panic signing simply to get someone in to do a role rather than anyone genuinely useful.

We may have someone in mind and we may be doing it behind the scenes now. If I have learned nothing over the past 30 years, I have learned when it comes to Everton we are very predictable when push comes to shove though

Reckon we're trying to get Costa on loan or hope for a Giroud U-Turn. If not we'll turn to Slimani or Benteke and pay over the odds. Risky strategy.
Can't see any other options though,can you? Benteke might not fancy another season of relegation six pointers Costa and Giroud aren't really viable options and Slimani ....

Can't see any other options though,can you? Benteke might not fancy another season of relegation six pointers Costa and Giroud aren't really viable options and Slimani ....

I can't but then I know very little about strikers outside the prem except the very good ones. Not going to pretend I've watched players based on FM or FIFA stats (neither of which I've played for about 5 years anyway so I'm well out of touch). But then we've got Walsh etc who should know a hell of a lot more than me about options worldwide. Jose was mooted, he looks half decent.

The words "Benteke" and "Everton" are appearing in the same sentence from a usually reliable ITK on our forum this morning.
Mind you so are "sack" "the" "useless" "Dutch" " and "pillock".

He didn't look bothered (Benteke) on Saturday but on that basis you could end up with 8 or 9 of them.

I'm not trying to start a rumour, only posting what I've seen elsewhere; another rumour.

I was v flippant, apologies
Nah don't apologise Mr NeilFrandel.

I think what really bothers me is that there is a small group of Everton media influencers who peddle a lot of rubbish for their own ends, and to be honest I've not seen a fanbase as malleable as ours, we're drawn into the hype whereby people are absolutely ravenous for bits of info, talk of a return to glory days, a £10000000000000000000000000000000000 net spend etc etc. These are your real offenders.

All I see on here is good Evertonians from various walks of life who get caught up in the froth a bit. I've seen the phrase 'transition period' get used this morning on the ol' social media - when Shark Teeth Rodgers was peddling it, he was rightly laughed at, but it's the pat-on-the-head trope that seems to have found its way into describing Everton's current, er, teething problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back