Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it stands right now we have positively invested in the team to a tune of 150 million, or plus 50 million so if no other business happens we can finally have a bit of positivity.

I get the impression that the lack of credible news this close yo the end of the window is not down to secretive Everton but simply the club still don't know who they want and who would be available. My gut feeling tells me whoever we bring in as a striker will be a panic buy of sorts rather than someone we genuinely want, aka Valencia last season when we must needed a striker
Excellent point. If we have identified the striker we want, why have we left it till the last 4 days of the window to make an approach? We have known since march (when Rom turned down his contract) we needed another centre forward, yet haven't brought one in. Instead of focusing all our time and energy on securing siguardsson (who I'm delighted with) maybe we should have prioritised our striker position.

WBA rejected 21 mill bid from Leicester for Jonny Evans! Shows how difficult this market is gonna be this week...
This it mate. Clubs sometimes won't sell this late in the window even if the price is good, because its too late for them to bring in replacements. Good Centre forwards are hard to come by at the best of times, and we need one desperately. Its the key position to fill for me. Get one in and with our 'improved' squad things could be looking up.

Absolutely criminally major f up selling Lukaku and replacing him with.. nobody. Or even worse, being naive enough to think Calvert-Lewin (League One just 12 months ago), Rooney (best days long gone) and Sandro (completely unproven at this level) is enough for us to perform over four competitions. Heads need to roll if a top striker isn't brought in, particularly after Kenwright boasting of "we'll bring in anybody who wants to join us if the manager wants the player". I sense further Everton transfer embarrassment on the horizon.

Absolutely criminally major f up selling Lukaku and replacing him with.. nobody. Or even worse, being naive enough to think Calvert-Lewin (League One just 12 months ago), Rooney (best days long gone) and Sandro (completely unproven at this level) is enough for us to perform over four competitions. Heads need to roll if a top striker isn't brought in, particularly after Kenwright boasting of "we'll bring in anybody who wants to join us if the manager wants the player". I sense further Everton transfer embarrassment on the horizon.
And there is the problem, until we can offer CL it always will be when we look to sign the top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back