Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has everyone accepted we are not signing a striker?

Because it is the first stage of the fume cycle.

Thought it was one of the first stages of the recovery fume cycle...

Fume cycle

Optimism (we are going to get a striker)

Excitement ( wonder who it is?)

Expectation ( really believe these rumours)

Realisation (hes not signing is he?)

Desperation ( I need a signing.. anyone!)

Denial (I can't believe davek was right it's happened again)

FUME!

Whilst that is very apt on the face of it Toff, it is not really the full picture.

A staggering amount of extra money has came into the EPL even in the year and a half Moshiri has been here.

And an awful lot of that £150 million we have spent has been covered by the Lukaku dough.

So for these reasons I am seeing some validity in @blue4eva77 remarks.

If I am honest with you, the proposed new stadium is the only real change in outlook that I can see which would not have happened under the regime ancien.

There is absolutely no validity in saying Moshiri isn't a billionaire. I mean, it's just wrong. He factually is.

He has no obligation to pump money in considering all of the TV money but we've made major strides forward in several areas.

We have money still to spend but the issue is we may have left it too late - again. We'll see if that is the case and if it turns out to be so then the people responsible will have something to answer for.

But I'm not having people chatting crap Khal We've signed 9 players this summer. 7 of them all arguably worthy of starting week-in week-out. Can we stop the revisionism?

We need a striker. Another striker on top of the two we have brought in. Let's hope we get one

But Tim, this window is dependable.

It has been a great window. We just got the vast majority of our business done early.

It's disappointing that we've come to the last day with a rush for a striker, but I've given my reasons for why that could well be.

So chill out.

It's weird lads, really weird.

If we finish the window without any adequate cover at cb and especially so at left back, and without a proper striker to replace the lad we sold for 75/90m mate then in no way shape or form can it be described as a great window.

We sign a striker of the calibre of Giroud and get a centre back/left back solid player in then yes - great window, otherwise it is just a absolutely average one

Remember the absolute conniptions on here when we were linked to Johnny Evans under Martinez? But I guess now that Dubai wants to splooge out 30m for him we when would have paid 6-8m now means he must have been decent after all.

Lets all see if we can't learn something from this

I'd take Evans now, far better than the two fat pies we have partnering Keane atm

Just a reminder that we have recouped the second most transfer fees this window.... and the most if Barkley leaves :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Has everyone accepted we are not signing a striker?

Because it is the first stage of the fume cycle.

I think i've finally accepted that apart from the Croatian winger ,who is waiting for home office clearance, we will not be signing anyone today.

SSN turned off, Eurosport on for the Vuelta, I'm sure iv'e just spotted Walsh and Ron enjoying the Spanish sun and catching a bit of the cycling.

Saying you were convinced you had things under control the whole time but sadly it all fell apart at the end doesn't cut it in other walks of life.

But it isn't falling apart is it?

Like if the window shut right now, we'd be short a striker really.

The CB/LB is cover. yes I want a first team player but I don't think Koeman sees that as a priority.

The striker needs to be in but there's time to go. if we don't get one we'll have messed up. But it doesn't make the other deals bad deals.

Sigurdsson wanted to join Everton
Giroud did not want to join Everton

Not rocket science that one.

We turned Sigu's head when we showed genuine interest.

Fine Giroud wasn't convinced after we went for him. He thought staying at Arsenal was best. Shouldn't we try again after he failed to get minutes after that 10 min cameo on opening day? Arsenal are a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back