Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester players I would sign if we were raiding them... marhez, chilwell, gray and maybe schmiechel but I would rather have Joel tbh
I'd like Chilwell and gray from that list. Didn't realise schmiechel was 30, 5 years youngers he'd be a good shout, but as you say the form of Robles is giving koeman an interesting decision come the end of the season.

I'd like Chilwell and gray from that list. Didn't realise schmiechel was 30, 5 years youngers he'd be a good shout, but as you say the form of Robles is giving koeman an interesting decision come the end of the season.

If schmeichel was here already I might prefer him to Robles ...maybe... but spending 15m or whatever on him seems pointless at the moment

Being linked with a move for Schmeichel again this summer. The expenditure to be potentially offset by the sale of Robles. This from the same publication that has repeatedly claimed RK would be given a massive budget to make us a force again.

"Everton are ready to offer Kasper Schmeichel an escape route out of Leicester.

The Denmark international remains at the top of the Everton manager’s wanted list.

Schmeichel agreed a new deal with last term’s title winners and agreed to stay at the King Power Stadium to realise the club’s Champions League dream.

However, with huge changes sure to be afoot at the end of the current campaign at the East Midlands club, several players will be looking to move on.

And Roanld Koeman is a huge admirer of the keeper, despite the recent resurgence of Joel Robles.

Everton-Media-Access.jpg

Joel Robles and Maarten Stekelenburg(Photo: Everton FC/Getty)
Former Wigan man Robles has performed well in Maarten Stekelenburg’s absence but has just 16 months to run on his current deal.

Although Schmeichel would cost upwards of £15million, the Toffees would be able to offset that with clubs in Spain certain to be interested in Robles."

I wouldn't sell Joel to bring in Schmeichel. I like Schmeichel but I don't think he's any better than Joel. Joel every time he gets a run in the side seems to get better and better and a lately he looks solid. He's keeping clean sheets, pulling off vital saves during games when he hasn't been busy and concentration may of dropped, he's coming and collecting crosses, set pieces, he instills confidence in the backline, he talks and his distribution is good. He's also a big lad and seems to have the attributes to be a really good GK so it may be worth us sticking with him, keep on playing him and see how he goes on.

But I've seen us linked to Pickford again today and I would go and buy him in the summer! But I'd loan him out to a prem team so he can carry on playing and improving. Stick with Joel as No.1, Stekelenburg as back up and then the following season let Pickford and Joel go head to head for the outright No.1!

I remember Butland coming onto the seen and a few clubs, us included, didn't take the plunge but Stoke did, sent him out on loan to get experience a couple of times and he came back and made the No.1 spot at Stoke is own and even pushing to be England's No.1 also and it might be worth us doing that with Pickford or else miss out on him completely?!

Robles is on a decent run of form for sure. He's pulled off some terrific saves recently. But let's not fool ourselves here, he's never a number one keeper. He rarely commands the six yard box and even more rarely comes for crosses.

Pleased to see the rumours this morning that we are still scoping new keepers for next season.

Robles is on a decent run of form for sure. He's pulled off some terrific saves recently. But let's not fool ourselves here, he's never a number one keeper. He rarely commands the six yard box and even more rarely comes for crosses.

Pleased to see the rumours this morning that we are still scoping new keepers for next season.

Except that this season he is commanding his 6y box, and is coming for crosses frequently, have you seen him play this season?

If we really do have the cash what about a bid for Mezit Ozil? Having a hard time at Arsenal, but a class player who may help Rom want to stay, a statement signing to attract others and a suitable replacement for Pienaar.
Would he come to us?
How much would he cost?
Does he fit into Ronald's work ethic?

We have new goalkeeping coaches and he has clearly responded, let it up.. we will struggle to find anyone better anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back