Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea pay more than Spurs though

Yes, but if you go to a club on a free transfer they will often pay you a huge signing on fee to compensate you for the money they saved in the transfer.

The better a player is the more often it happens. Ross' agent can demand a massive signing on fee for him of a few million if he's a free transfer.

If he gets a large signing on fee he's effectively getting paid higher wages over the course of his contract without breaking the wage structure at Spurs.

What worries me is that Koeman wants to play a pressing game but we have no fast players, bar Sandro and DCL, who are regular starters. I don't think pace is the be all and end all but to play a pressing game well against the best teams you need players with pace to close them down quickly.

I get the system Koeman wants to play but I'm note sure he's bought in the right players to play it effectively, especially against the better teams where they pass the ball around quickly.

As we stand currently we're putting huge pressure on Sandro and DCL to deliver. I still believe Sandro will turn out to be a great buy but it would have been nice to get another striker to give us quality options and a different way to play, especially if we get injuries.

I get why some people think fans need to be patient but the point they miss is that the elite, cash rich teams get more time to build champions league chasing teams as their players aren't so quick to seek moves to bigger teams. When you're in our position our best players look to want to move after 2-3 seasons if we're not competing with the top 6, making our window of opportunity to build a competitive team much smaller than it is for the elite teams. That's why to try and compete we had to try and do it all in one or two windows, not 4 or 5.

Time isn't a luxury we have and that's why it was essential we got squad depth by the end of this window. We failed at that and that's why I can't see us competing for top 4 and I think we'll struggle to compete for top 6 unless our players bed in really quickly.

What's this crap about throwing Barkley under a bus? The player was offered a massive new contract which he refused to sign. The club made it plain that he was available and received an offer which was accepted from the Champions which his agent presumably let run. At the last minute he, Barkley, changes his mind. And CFC are not mean salary payers either.

I think Barkley is over-rated and we would have done well to unload the slow-arsed, hand-on-hips, God knows my best position....prospect

EFC lost out on a load of money and may have to let him walk next summer.

I think we can all irrationally agree that being the 4th highest net spend club in the premier league, and the 8th highest in the world means Moshiri is a fraud.

It would be the least we can do.

I think we can all irrationally agree that being the 4th highest net spend club in the premier league, and the 8th highest in the world means Moshiri is a fraud.

It would be the least we can do.
We had deals to sell both Barkley AND Niassé that would have brought in around £45m.

We had a £55m net spend.

Hardly earth shattering, is it?

I can't see any confirmation that we signed the teenager from Fulham which some where reporting done about 9pm last night? A young lad to go into the youth setup.

What's this crap about throwing Barkley under a bus? The player was offered a massive new contract which he refused to sign. The club made it plain that he was available and received an offer which was accepted from the Champions which his agent presumably let run. At the last minute he, Barkley, changes his mind. And CFC are not mean salary payers either.

I think Barkley is over-rated and we would have done well to unload the slow-arsed, hand-on-hips, God knows my best position....prospect

EFC lost out on a load of money and may have to let him walk next summer.
do we know any gangsters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back