Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with you one bit. The fact is if our net spend is 50m - that is the equivalent of Pickford and Keane. We've actually used the Lukaku funds to sign 3 number 9's, we went way to hard on Sigurdsson IMO. That focus should have been directed at a proven striker. Either that or we shouldn't have jumped on Klaassen so early.

We have much more fund than before but of course not unlimited.
And please dont forget we have paid more to buy sig and received less from barkley(even 30-35m)
RK and the board put the 1st priority to buy the replacement of Barkley and it seems make sense.
Thus, we may only have 20-30M to buy the striker and probably found that this money only can buy same level as DCL/SANDRO in current market.
Now, we will probably receive nothing from Barkley. I am quite worried if the board will invest much more to buy striker or not.

IMG_8662.webp
I have been patient this entire window

But to wake up this morning to only Vlasic, i think i am done

I think i am going to start emotionally detatching myself from the club, im going to start by trying not to watch every game... which will be a major battle in itsself .... buy yes i am going to wean myself off Everton like its heroine

Plenty of blame to be cast around here but I will defend Koeman. He told every one what he wanted, numerous times. He also never said no to a proposal, Rooney or Costa he said we will have any great players. Didn't hear him say 'not that carthorse' publicly at least. then he leaves it all down to Walsh the expert scout and Bill the deal maker. I think we got the early 7 in the door and the garden was rosy but even getting the best out of those 7 required us landing a target man. It's hard to play without one as we've seen when DCL is benched and then comes on.
Koeman has a big job on here to craft a winning team twice a week out of the almost complete lego set, we shall see.
Lastly please give some thought to the two young players we did sign today who must be feeling like Shiite now if they read the interweb. I hope they both turn out to be world beaters!

View attachment 40240 I have been patient this entire window

I think i am going to start emotionally detatching myself from the club, im going to start by trying not to watch every game... which will be a major battle in itsself .... buy yes i am going to wean myself off Everton like its heroine
Jesus Christ, don't let the door hit you on the way out ... childish

??????

Pickford 30
Kean 25
Sandro 5
Rooney
Sigurdsson 45
Onyekuru 10
Martina
Klassen 10
Vlassic 10

Just think about what you are saying.
Mental.
L.p.
I am thinking what I am saying and that is none of the players we have bought is a centre forward. We sold Lukaku, a centre forward who scored 25 goals and didn't replace him. We have a team which can set up goals but we don't have a person to score the goals.
We are now like a dog with no teeth, we can't bite but we can give you a nasty suck.

I respect and am thankful for Mr Moshiri's efforts in securing a new home for Everton Football Club, as well as his work on recalibrating our debts. However, anyone who mistakenly thought that Mr Moshiri was going to be our Roman Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour will by now have had their bubble well and truly burst.

Mr Moshiri just does not have the funds to be our sugar-daddy. Indeed, he's not even worth as much as Stoke City's owner, Sir Peter Coates. Our "sell-to-buy" transfer policy has not changed and will not change. The reason we didn't sign a Raúl Jiménez or a Jamie Vardy is not because Ronald Koeman is happy with the squad; it's because Barkley didn't move to Chelsea for £30million.

Plenty of blame to be cast around here but I will defend Koeman. He told every one what he wanted, numerous times. He also never said no to a proposal, Rooney or Costa he said we will have any great players. Didn't hear him say 'not that carthorse' publicly at least. then he leaves it all down to Walsh the expert scout and Bill the deal maker. I think we got the early 7 in the door and the garden was rosy but even getting the best out of those 7 required us landing a target man. It's hard to play without one as we've seen when DCL is benched and then comes on.
Koeman has a big job on here to craft a winning team twice a week out of the almost complete lego set, we shall see.
Lastly please give some thought to the two young players we did sign today who must be feeling like Shiite now if they read the interweb. I hope they both turn out to be world beaters!
Charles, your posts to this forum are generally excellent; you judiciously employ elements of humour, sarcasm, sardonicism, irreverence, and self deprecation in your contributions.
And then you cast aside all 'tricks of the posting trade' and just speak plain common sense, as in the above post.
Well done mate, I can tell you are a smart cookie

I respect and am thankful for Mr Moshiri's efforts in securing a new home for Everton Football Club, as well as his work on recalibrating our debts. However, anyone who mistakenly thought that Mr Moshiri was going to be our Roman Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour will by now have had their bubble well and truly burst.

Mr Moshiri just does not have the funds to be our sugar-daddy. Indeed, he's not even worth as much as Stoke City's owner, Sir Peter Coates. Our "sell-to-buy" transfer policy has not changed and will not change. The reason we didn't sign a Raúl Jiménez or a Jamie Vardy is not because Ronald Koeman is happy with the squad; it's because Barkley didn't move to Chelsea for £30million.
you just nailed it George.

Sorry to hear you say that. Bye then

Charles, your posts to this forum are generally excellent; you judiciously employ elements of humour, sarcasm, sardonicism, irreverence, and self deprecation in your contributions.
And then you cast aside all 'tricks of the posting trade' and just speak plain common sense, as in the above post.
Well done mate, I can tell you are a smart cookie
Monsieur Maul - Thanks - quite a complement from an accomplished poster like yourself!

I am trying hard to be positive.
The way City lined up couple years back we could mimic.
Sandro is Aguero, DCL is Negredo.
Room for 2 playing CAMs
Room for Gana and Snides
With a standard 4 at the back.

May not be so gloom after all.

Screenshot_20170901-085856.webp

Maybe Sunderland could be your Methadone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back