Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delusional

Improved how? No trophies, still selling to buy and no progress in league positions. We've actually regressed since Moyes in a lot of areas.

Buying these promising kids means nothing until something of note materialises

Force to be reckoned with for who l? Brighton? Get real

Improved in every area of the pitch (bar Lukaku)
No we haven't won any trophies in the last 2 years - give the team a chance, we haven't won anything for over 20 years.
You downplay our group of young players but Lookman & DCL already look like they'll be 1st teamers - Dowell on loan at Forest too.
Force to be reckoned with by anyone in the league. Once we're full strength we could go to any ground and win IMO.

fake-tweet20170901-9-rl8sa7.jpg

No we haven't won any trophies in the last 2 years - give the team a chance, we haven't won anything for over 20 years.
You downplay our group of young players but Lookman & DCL already look like they'll be 1st teamers - Dowell on loan at Forest too.
Force to be reckoned with by anyone in the league. Once we're full strength we could go to any ground and win IMO.
Ammmm i disagree wholeheartly if you dont mind me saying. Have a look at the current top 6. We wont beat any of them. #midtable

Suspect that fulham lad will announced tomorrow. Feel sorry if it happens due to how much fume will be on his Twitter announcement. All deals have to be done by now because those deal sheets only gave 2 hours more.

Love your optimism but I think you're wide of the mark.

Pickford seems an improvement but it's still early days.

Keane and Williams are not an improvement on Jagielka and Distin. Or Jagielka and Lescott.

Baines is still there and getting worse (as much as I love him)

Bolasie over Pienaar - not for me.

Arteta would still walk into our current team. So would Cahill.

The CDM roles have seen an improvement I think.

The striker situation now is a joke.

So, I have to disagree with you. We're paying more but not sure how much progression we are seeing. We still can't beat the top teams away from home and invariably struggle to beat them at home.

We had a decent start to the window (with the Lukaku money now I have no doubt) but we really went all 'Everton' with Sigurdsson and that was evident again since his transfer.

Nothing has changed.

So we fail to get a striker in. Niasse doesn't leave. Barkley decided to lose us 35m. It's not been a great deadline day. DCL now has more responsibility than is really fair for him at this stage in his career.

Who is to blame? Koeman has been making it clear for weeks now about what was needed. Walsh has failed in my opinion. I still have no idea what he was doing in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back