Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wasn't undroppable before he certainly is now (no matter what @BlueToff says). He's started well (Full disclosure - I thought he would be toss) but he's our main man now for dozens of games. Hope he doesn't run out of steam.

That's my concern, I know he's been working in his fitness but playing up top by himself will have an impact. Hopefully Sandro can adapt to the league, he certainly looks to have the skill and the pace but he's still a kid, as is DCL.

Well we did buy Sandro who is a striker. Doesn't disguise the fact we needed another one but we did improve in all the other parts of the pitch. Also DCL has had a brightn start to the season.
I like DCL and Sandro, I wouldn't class either as strikers (they're forwards definitely) but even if they are is it fair to ask two young lads, one of whom is new to the league and the other has played a dozen or so games at this level, to replace the goals that have disappeared? This is a balls up of astonishing proportions, and Moshiri saying a "minimum of sixth" in his cringeworthy interview is beyond delusional.

I don't like players here that don't want to be here but with 2 years left on his contract with a World Cup around the corner it wasn't an immpossability.

As we know, having good players run down their contracts when they don't want to be here can be a dangerous game to play.

Unforgiveable if we don't sign a striker really, I just can't understand what the hell they have been doing all these months. I know things aren't simple, but put a bid in a show your doing something. I don't know who is to blame Koemann, Walsh, Morshiri or Kenwright. It's just ludicrous that we could find at least 1 striker to come to us with all the money we've got. Yes missing out on a few targets is expected, but to fail to bring anyone up front is just ludicrous. Sadly I think a lot of the early optimism will be lost and we will once again be back to fume mode.

Yes it's a shame we didn't get another striker in but some are going way OTT, it's been a very good transfer window IMO.

Pickford and Keane are both young, English and look the absolute business. Sigurdsson is proven quality, brings some magic to our attack whilst also being hard working - exactly what any team needs if they want to get better. Replacing Lukaku was always going to be near impossible but remember that weird fact, if you took his goals away from us last season we wouldn't have finished any lower. Rooney is revitalised coming home to EFC and has showed us already that he means business. I wouldn't bet against him getting a decent haul of goals.

Klaassen will be class (certainly better than your average Tom Cleverly), Sandro played most of last season as a no. 9 and scored lots of goals - he could easily be the perfect striker for us once he's settled in. Henry and Vlasic are supposed to be two of the top young talents in Europe and we've brought in 3 or 4 rated young prospects.

EFC have improved so much over the last few years, once we get Seamus and Bolassie back alongside the players we already have like Baines, Schneiderlin and Gana we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

COYB

Delusional

Improved how? No trophies, still selling to buy and no progress in league positions. We've actually regressed since Moyes in a lot of areas.

Buying these promising kids means nothing until something of note materialises

Force to be reckoned with for who l? Brighton? Get real

As I've just said, we were within 6 points of Liverpool, who were in 4th when we played them.

We conceded three goals that day. What happens if we didn't?

We went to Man Utd the week later and were an Ashley Williams penalty away from winning.

It was the run-in that cost us CL last year.

It was our performance over the season which cost us a CL place.

In fact, you can't say anything 'cost us' a CL place because we were absolutely nowhere near a CL place.

Everyone can see we needed to bring in a striker and left sided defensive cover, but for whatever reason, we didn't get them. We did get some good additions to the team that I am very excited about and I am really looking forward to our season with European football, domestic cups and the league. Not one of us knows what is going to happen on the pitch this season so let's not write it off prematurely.

COYB!!!!!

Yes it's a shame we didn't get another striker in but some are going way OTT, it's been a very good transfer window IMO.

Pickford and Keane are both young, English and look the absolute business. Sigurdsson is proven quality, brings some magic to our attack whilst also being hard working - exactly what any team needs if they want to get better. Replacing Lukaku was always going to be near impossible but remember that weird fact, if you took his goals away from us last season we wouldn't have finished any lower. Rooney is revitalised coming home to EFC and has showed us already that he means business. I wouldn't bet against him getting a decent haul of goals.

Klaassen will be class (certainly better than your average Tom Cleverly), Sandro played most of last season as a no. 9 and scored lots of goals - he could easily be the perfect striker for us once he's settled in. Henry and Vlasic are supposed to be two of the top young talents in Europe and we've brought in 3 or 4 rated young prospects.

EFC have improved so much over the last few years, once we get Seamus and Bolassie back alongside the players we already have like Baines, Schneiderlin and Gana we'll be a force to be reckoned with.

COYB
Yes but we needed a striker, you can have all the midfielders and defenders you want, but strikers win you games. Lukaku basically got us into Europe last season with his goals. I just don't understand, why we didn't just go out and get a replacement for Lukaku when we sold him. Honestly with the Europa league, it's going to be almost impossible to keep both Lewin and Rooney fit.

Why bother going down there today at all then, he obviously intended to sign until something happened

Just a guess but I think he wanted Spurs to come in for him tonight. Felt let down by them, so decided to join Chelsea then Spurs probably phoned him and said if he signed for them in January or next summer they'll give him a big signing on fee to factor in they'll be paying less for him in January or nothing next summer.

Imo, Spurs gave him assurances when they'll buy him and what signing on fee, wages he'll get to make it worth his while.

Just a guess but I think he wanted Spurs to come in for him tonight. Felt let down by them, so decided to join Chelsea then Spurs probably phoned him and said if he signed for them in January or next summer they'll give him a big signing on fee to factor in they'll be paying less for him in January or nothing next summer.

Imo, Spurs gave him assurances when they'll buy him and what signing on fee, wages he'll get to make it worth his while.
Chelsea pay more than Spurs though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back